Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New East Midlands franchise colour scheme has just been announced. This Franchise is being taken over by stagecoach. The colours involved are very similar to those used on the 442 and 444 electrics.

Looks very nice on the artists impression of Meridian.

More details on therailwaycentre.com

Russell

·
Registered
174 Posts
Isn't it national Express who have won the East Coast
BBC seem to think so

Hopefully they will mingle the liveries into their Midland Mainline as well

Darren

Something very strange going on here. BBC has National Express winning the EC franchise and also state they own Midland Mainline which I believe is correct

RB's link states Stagecoach is the owner of the Midland Mainline franchise
Or is this a case of present and future owners

Still no "00" meridian though either way. By the way the new livery looks horrible IMHO.

D

·
Registered
882 Posts
QUOTE (rb277170 @ 13 Aug 2007, 20:32) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>New East Midlands franchise colour scheme has just been announced. This Franchise is being taken over by stagecoach. The colours involved are very similar to those used on the 442 and 444 electrics.

Looks very nice on the artists impression of Meridian.

More details on therailwaycentre.com

The East Midlands Trains website has been available for a few weeks now
http://www.eastmidlandstrains.co.uk
It even includes a mention of Stagecoach RAIL from 1992, which I worked on!

·
Registered
982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (darobi @ 14 Aug 2007, 16:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Isn't it national Express who have won the East Coast
BBC seem to think so

Darren

Something very strange going on here. BBC has National Express winning the EC franchise and also state they own Midland Mainline which I believe is correct

Still no "00" meridian though either way. By the way the new livery looks horrible IMHO.

D
Darobi, Nat Express own Midland Mainline now . It gets taken over by Stagecoach in November where new colour scheme referred to will apply.

In a seperate announcement Nat express takes over the ECML franchise from GNER. Personally I think this is a shame as GNER have done so much to advance rail travel over last 10 years. However we will see. looks like the end of GNER blue, however!

Russell

·
Registered
882 Posts
QUOTE (darobi @ 14 Aug 2007, 16:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Isn't it national Express who have won the East Coast BBC seem to think so

Darren

Still no "00" meridian though either way. By the way the new livery looks horrible IMHO

http://www.nationalexpressgroup.com/nx/mc/...ase/?id=4336481

NatEx are the current operators of Midland Mainline and takeover the East Coast franchise a few weeks after that

Replace "GNER" with "Your East Coast" from December 2007
Look out for two Mark 3a/b sets joining their fleet from 2010
http://www.youreastcoast.co.uk
I am looking forward to seat specific reservations online, currently can only do this by going to my local station and making the reservation in person (VT Class 390 Coach J Seat 35)

·
Registered
174 Posts
It does seem strange that NE loose one franchise and gain another.

I suppose the ECML is more of a catch than my local MML/central region but looking at the root map is a smaller franchise.

I just hope I can get a 222 at some stage this decade

I can't see that livery lasting long in a clean state going by the local stagecoach buses as they are filthy

I quite liked the MML and GNER liveries as well.

Oh hum back to waiting and hoping

1 - 6 of 6 Posts