Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
An appropriate picture to put up with the new Hornby M7 on sale (except its not an M7 I have just realised but another 0-4-4!
)

Looks like a Lord Nelson Class resting in the background.

And an ex GWR pannier tank to the rear of the M7.

I wonder what our American steam age friend makes of UK locos when compared to American steam? Different gauging of course but the odd HO British outline model loco thats available when put alongside any model from the USA does put the size difference into its true perspective.

And there is a big benefit here for UK train constructors as nothing built for continental gauging on the continent will work on a UK railway. So Britain's railways will for ever retain the unique look which they had in the past.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Ok I'll accept that it is an M7. Its the wheel arch that threw me so any reason for the front wheel arch looking a little strange?

I have a feeling its something to do with that extra plumbing above. Is that something to do with the brakes or electrics?

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Ah yes it is! That word "Westinghouse" is a
word among firemen. I was having this very conversion at the Warley Club with an ex Didcot fireman last week who went to the Severn Valley weekend. Trains these days do make weird sounds that they never made in the 1960's and its not the boiler leaking which many folk think is the case!

All that extra plumbing forces the fireman to work just a little harder for no extra pay so they were/are not happy bunnies and they blame Mr Westinghouse 100% for all this extra sweat!

Happy modelling
Gary

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.