Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
am i missing something ??

I have been on ebay several times trying to find bits and pieces but there doesn't seem to be a section for model trains.
I also do slotcar/scalextric racing and they have a whole area just for themselves, and I'd have thought model trains were as big as Scalextric ?

also, just an observation, would it be possible to have a section/forum on this site for recommended retailers and/or good websites you may have found that you would recommend ??
I haven't searched all this website for these but thought maybe if they were in one place !!!

Just my thoughts.

Dave.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Try and be more specific.If you search for the item by name e.g. search for Mineral Wagon and it show (today) 149!
Hope this helps

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Dave c @ 19 Feb 2007, 16:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've searched for hornby, trains, oo - all under the toy section, for my scalextric I just go to that section and search for cars - it's easy, maybe i'll write to ebay

You are looking in the wrong place - model railways are not in the toy section !

Follow my instructions ;

buy

collectables

trains/model railways

then you can do a search.

If you write to eBay don't hold your breath for an answer.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE also, just an observation, would it be possible to have a section/forum on this site for recommended retailers and/or good websites you may have found that you would recommend ??
I haven't searched all this website for these but thought maybe if they were in one place !!! They are at the top of the page. It's where it says links.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (poliss @ 19 Feb 2007, 22:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Model railways are under the toy section on Ebay.com.

Well, if people don't say where they are from or which eBay site they are looking at I tend assume that they are in the UK. So eBay.co.uk is where I pointed Dave c.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Don't write to them, there's always the chance they'll start messing around with things again and that'll lead to all sorts of trouble. The problem with ebay is the people who oversee it haven't got a clue about any of the stuff anyone actually sells on it.They messed with the categories for trains/railway models early last year and effectively ended up with hornby listed as either hornby O gauge or Hornby dublo. They should always be encouraged to leave things alone and NEVER to alter categories or anything else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts