Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
ECoS - Possibilities of Expansion

Mobile control
ECoS is well prepared for the application of our tetherless radio walk around control: A special receiver card fits into a module terminal, called EcoSlot. The mobile control integrates perfectly into the ECoSsystem and acts like a fully featured cable-bound throttle.

Booster
Of course all DCC conform boosters can be connected to the ECoS Central Station: There is a corresponding socket. Also, the widely known Märklin® 6015 / 6017 boosters (or compatible products) can be used. Alternatively, you can decide on the separately available ECoS booster, which connects directly to the EcoSlink: As a matter of fact, it incorporates a NMRA/DCC RailCom® detector, so you can use their great features.

NMRA / DCC BiDi
Any DCC compatible Central station, which will hit the market in 2006, should, of course be able to support the latest DCC expansions. That's why ECoS is already prepared for the coming NMRA/DCC Bidirectional standard: Once this standard is passed, a free software update will activate the already build-in feedback
receiver. Apart from our ESU decoders, nothing else is needed to reach an unprecedented level of value.

There is a new power booster

and there is the new Switch Pilot and Switch pilot extension.

There is a new Lokpilot decoder and several new sound decoder loco sounds. Unfortunately my German is not good so we may have to wait for more detail.

Heres a bit of the new brochure I put through one of the language translators, don't ya love em?

Not for the garden thought, but in each workshop soon indispensably guarantees the new professional test stand for decoders: With its assistance you can test all decoders before the installation into the locomotive thoroughly. But the professional test stand apart from a connection type for the with 6 pins bring along and also 8-polige NEM interface also a plug for the 21-pin mtc interface. An LED monitor, a loudspeaker and a 5-pin engine with rotor round the equipment off.

To better last we may mention our Top novelty for 2007: The SWITCH pilot is a yielding and a magnet article decoder, as you did not see him ever: It can not only up to 4 Magentan floated switches, but additionally two Servos to head for. Thus you know with presiwerten Servos extremely reliable Weichenan floated build. Of course the SWITCH pilot beside DCC speaks also Motorola® and protects all exits from overloading. Naturally the switching duration can be assigned to each exit individually and be adjusted the regulating speed and end position of the Servos. Whom that is not enough yet, that can andocken the SWITCH pilot Extension laterally: With the help of its 4 double relays can be polarized either motor Weichenantriebe be steered or hearts or switched consumers floating. No borders are set to their ideas!

Remains for us here only to wish you much pleasure during the reading of the following pages and hope that our passionate confession help you to new ideas and suggestions for your hobby to the future of the model course. We say thank for your confidence! Their ESU team

·
Registered
461 Posts
Nice cad models for the top two and different idea for the third picture and it uses a Bachmann motor will this be something to do with there new Dynamis system I wonder?

Pete

·
Administrator
9,855 Posts
>Naturally the switching duration can be assigned to each exit individually and be adjusted the regulating speed and end position of the Servos

I wonder if this means it can be used with motor driven turnouts like Tortoise, Fulgurex etc. ?

David

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (dwb @ 18 Jan 2007, 06:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>>Naturally the switching duration can be assigned to each exit individually and be adjusted the regulating speed and end position of the Servos

I wonder if this means it can be used with motor driven turnouts like Tortoise, Fulgurex etc. ?

David
That was my interpretation. I took it to mean that you could determine the exact time that the switch took to open or close and assign that individually to each turnout.

·
Administrator
9,855 Posts
>That was my interpretation. I took it to mean that you could determine the exact time that the switch took to open or close and assign that individually to each turnout.

I had a look at the 2007 catalogue on the ESU site. After reading the tech specs there, I think we might be wrong. The specs appear to give times of 1ms or 2ms for the pulses on these outputs and they do use the word "servo". I think that you drive servos with pulses of this duration. I wonder what use they are thinking of? Maybe a home made goods crane? You fit a servo for rotating it or raising / lowering the lifting hook?

David

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE I think that you drive servos with pulses of this duration. I wonder what use they are thinking of? Maybe a home made goods crane? You fit a servo for rotating it or raising / lowering the lifting hook? Do you think servo could be German for motor?

I am hoping they issue an English version soon as the web translators aren't that great.

·
Administrator
9,855 Posts
>Do you think servo could be German for motor?
In this case I think they really do mean a servo or maybe a "stepper motor" which are different to the motors that we use to control our models in that they are predictable in how far you can make them move. For example you could issue 100 pulses to drive the motor precisely 100 steps. Thinking about your ship models, you might have one of these motors driving a capstan to alter the trim of the sails; so 20 steps might mean ... and their my knowledge of sailing ships goes over the edge in the abyss of ignorance

As you say we'll have to wait for a decent translation.

David

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I put some more of the Switch Pilot speil from the catalogue through the language translator and it looks like the Switch pilot may control lights and other accessories other than points.

The SWITCH pilot is that world-wide first multi-minutes switching and switch decoder for switching from up to 4 doubles spuligen magnet articles (e.g. switches) or 8 consumers such as uncoupling tracks or glows birnchen (e.g. yielding road or house lighting).

The SWITCH pilot is delivered in a durable housing at an attractive price. Modes of operation the SWITCH pilot can be used under DCC and Motorola®. It behaves compatibly to the DCC standard and with switch commands is addressed. In the enterprise under Motorola® the addresses 01 - 127 are possible.

The recognition of the mode of operation takes place fully automatic. Function mode the SWITCH pilot can be separately supplied either directly by the digital centre or by an equal or a change tension. To its 8 transistor exits with for each 1A continuous power output can be attached up to four double coil drives of all well-known manufacturers. The cyclic duration can be selected from 0.1 s to 1 second per exit freely, in order to prevent a burning through of drives without End circuit. The SWITCH pilot behaves in this mode of operation k83-kompatibel. Alternatively a continuous output enterprise can be selected, in order to supply light signals or other consumers such as yielding road or house lighting directly by the SWITCH pilot for each of the exits. Effects such as over screens („zoom shot ") or signal light help function you with the realization of model-faithful light signal pictures and/or railroad overpasses. That SWITCH pilot takes over here the most important characteristics of the well-known k84-Decoder. Servo control But the SWITCH pilot can do still more:

Beside that Transistor exits can be headed for two conventional RCServos directly by the SWITCH pilot. For each servo can apart from the regulating speed also the two end positions individually given become

Adjusting of the parameters is particularly comfortable for owners of our ECoS center: On the large Screen all parameters in the plain language are indicated and can be changed in simplest way - even during the enterprise! Protection Like already with our locomotive decoders applies also to that SWITCH pilot that with its development great importance was attached to large indestructibility: Everything Transistor exits SWITCH pilot are protected from overload and short-circuit. So you can rely also with switch decoders on the quality of ESU.

The SWITCH pilot can be supplemented if necessary around SWITCH pilot the Extension module: Laterally connected to the SWITCH pilot it offers 4 relay exits for switching from consumers floating or for heart polarization. The ideal addition for tricky tasks of circuit! Modes of operation SWITCH pilot the Extension module functions only in connection with a SWITCH pilot. Laterally stuck on it is supplied directly by the SWITCH pilot with current.

It contains altogether 4 doubles - relay (2 x OVER), of which everyone is fixed assigned transistor output's pair to a SWITCH pilot. The position of the respective relay depends directly on the switching status of this output's pair. With the help of the relay either consumers can be switched galvanically separately from the remaining rail circle (function similar to k84) or motor yielding floated on to be commutated. Since each relay with up to 1.5A is loadable permanent current, switches hearts cannot only be polarized with its assistance, but also blocking straining signal-dependently with tension supplied or motor drives as (water) pump to be switched. The possibility for the control of motor switches is particularly sophisticated floated on: Those for this necessary engine pole reversal control SWITCH pilot the Extension module naturally likewise.

There is also some questions and answers;

Do I need a separate „power "- module?

No. The SWITCH pilot can also coils on drove with high current consumption to reliably switch.

Can I mean motor switches floated on to directly head for?

Yes, with the help of SWITCH pilot the Extension of module: The relays blocked there can separate and switch not only consumers floating, but also commutate motor drives.

Can I mean blocking straining with the SWITCH pilot dead to switch?

Yes, with the help of SWITCH pilot the Extension of module: They know dependent on the position of the signal block-strain (brake section) dead to switch and/or one „the stopping potential "to feed.

Can the servo exits be used independently of the transistor exits?

Of course. For the two servo exits its own address is available, which can be selected freely

Are the servo exits with the transistor exits parallel usable?

If you wish this, naturally: Give to the servo exits simply the same address as the transistor exits. Thus you could e.g. use the transistor exits for flashing the St Andrews crosses and a servo for lifting and lowering the railroad overpass.

Are the transistor exits at the same time available with the enterprise with the Extension module?

Yes. The transistor exits are parallel available with the relay exits and can be individually used. For example the transistor exits could as a check of the light signal used and the associated switch with motor yielding on drove to be switched .

I like the idea of being able to co-ordinate the boom gate with the flashing lights. This raises the possibility of being able to co-ordinate several effects to activate simultaneously. The possibilities are endless.

·
Registered
697 Posts
After a minute of reading that, it is for confusion that the brain device is not functioning in correctly modes.....Aaarrrrggghhhh!!!!!

·
Administrator
9,855 Posts
>all parameters in the plain language are indicated
So long as they don't use a machine translator, all well will be I am thinking.

Thanks for the effort Neil
I appreciate it.

David

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE (dwb @ 30 Jan 2007, 05:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>>all parameters in the plain language are indicated
So long as they don't use a machine translator, all well will be I am thinking.

Thanks for the effort Neil
I appreciate it.

David
No worries. I did try to tidy it up in places as some of it was even worse. This switch pilot does sound promising if it will control other accessories as my impressions are that most of the existing ones will just do points or signals

·
Administrator
9,855 Posts
>This switch pilot does sound promising
There is enough in the present blurb to convince you that it can make coffee!

David

·
DT
4,794 Posts
It seems that the ECoS points decoder can be programmed to emulate the Märklin k83 (points decoder) which is a momentary output device or the k84 (function decoder) which supplies a constant current. This aspect of it could be used with Tillig or Fulgurex point motors.

The servo outputs allow a couple of high-torque RC servos to be connected. These can be used for points or in other situations like lifting a draw-bridge, opening shed doors or swinging a gate.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE It seems that the ECoS points decoder can be programmed to emulate the Märklin k83 (points decoder) which is a momentary output device or the k84 (function decoder) which supplies a constant current. This aspect of it could be used with Tillig or Fulgurex point motors. Th Maerklin items K63 and K84 are referred to in the Ecos literature. I get the impression that ESU had these in mind when designing the Ecos.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts