Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (Charley Farley Trelawney @ 22 Dec 2008, 21:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Neil

Thanks for that; if I then use the advanced facility how then for instance would I go to section 2 of CV 29 and enter appropriately? Is it self explanatory?

I also notice on your blog you have the Merlin from MF, and were considering a sound project. I actually completed it last night with an A4 3cyl SWD Loksound chip. I opted for a tender speaker installation with plugs from loco to tender to allow splitting. I have wired in series with a support speaker in the nose to diffuse any effect of tender only sound; I also mounted a Seuthe 22 while it was apart.

Testing the Merlin last night after completing the conversion she does sound really good and the Seuthe is puffing away thanks to a good find in terms of a really good oil to use (Its crucial on the amount as well IMO) So with ECOS at the ready and the Merlin sat ready, I pressed the sound function followed by lights (wired yellow and white for smoke) and away she went, adjusted dither and 3 & 4 to get sound to match movement which does take a while to get right (but worth it, again, IMO). Just need to pop in some real coal to cover the speaker holes in the existing coal bed and other than light to medium weathering she is done. I may fit a fire box light at a later date.

WATCH the speedo drive when taking apart to get the body off, the shim has a habit of flying off (see both wife and I trawling the carpet with magnets to find it
)

Cheers

Mike
Hi Mike,

if you got to the advanced edit section there are numerous pages that you can go through. Flick through them till you find CV29. From memory they are split into different pages and some are on different pages from others. This is the page that hs CV29.2Just tick the box.

I have already installed a SWD A4in my A4 Woodcok. I believe I put up a video of it on a thread somewhere a few months ago. It is a nice sound although does sound artificial at speed steps 4 and below. All in it is pretty good. I connected my speakers in parallel for louder sound. I added a 40 by 20. The speedo is a pain in the butt. Shame they don't design these better and take into consideration that people will be installing decoders in these.

cheers Neil

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 23 Dec 2008, 07:55) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Neil's A4 thread is here

One of my Christmas projects is fitting the SWD A4 chip to my Hornby A4. Since this is a pre 1956 model, I don't have to worry about the speedo. I ought to worry about putting a double chimney sound in a single chimney loco, but I'll turn a deaf ear to that.

David
When I first read that I thought you were going to take the knife to a valuable collectors item. It then dawned on me that you meant a model of pre 1956 A4.
Bit slow on the uptake today.

Neil

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.