Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts

An update is now available for the R8214 Hornby Elite.
Version 1.1 of the Elite Firmware contains minor updates. Please proceed to the download page to obtain and install the update

Click here for the Elite 1.1 Firmware Update

We did see this last week, but it was promptly withdrawn without explanation. Well it is now back so all you Elitists go get the upgrade.

[Via Hornby]

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
Being an inquistive sort of chap I paid a visit to see if there was a "read me" about what fixes / improvements are included in V1.1 but didn't find any? Am I just a bit thick on the search front or is there nothing to see unless you go through the upgrade process?

David

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Done using a direct port connection into the PC. When you do the firmware update you do not loose any names or numbers that you have called your locos.

CV's are read back accurately so maybe the Model Rail Forum Hornby Elite review should be updated to reflect this. The review console was driven by the early unofficial release V1.1 of the Hornby software. What this does show is that bugs reported can be corrected.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
>CV's are read back accurately so maybe the Model Rail Forum Hornby Elite review should be updated to reflect this. The review console was driven by the early unofficial release V1.1 of the Hornby software. What this does show is that bugs reported can be corrected.

Sounds like a worthwhile update. I think the review should be updated.

The "unofficial" 1.1 should really have been a 1.0.9 or the new one should be a 1.1.1. It's confusing to have two 1.1s even if the first is unofficial, it still "escaped" into the wild, so a visible version change to distinguish it would have been helpful. I guess this puts the responsibility on those who managed to get hold of the early 1.1 to update their consoles with the official release,

David

1 - 4 of 4 Posts