Model Railway Forum banner

End of Holiday!!!

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  7113 
#1 ·
Holiday almost over, leaving Singapore on Monday evening 19th at 23:45 (GMT+ 8hrs), arriving in London at 05:45 on Tuesday morning 20th. As much as I really do love Singapore, having been here 8 times in 15 years, its time to come home.

Met friends for lunch at Raffles Hotel yesterday and we took my friend Barbara (Piermistress) who joined us from her holiday in Tasmania on a tour of Singapore and we visited Kranji Military Cemetery today to pay respects to one of her late husband's friends, who was killed in the Borneo Campaign in 1965.

Cheers,

Dave

#3 ·
I've been to Singapore 8 times in 15 years - That's why I love the place!!!

Had a Singapore Sling many years ago and it was foul!!! Bought Barbara her first Sling yesterday and she has just come down from the ceiling!!!!

Will be posting photos of Singapore Mass Rapid Transit, North East Line, Bukit Panjang LRT and Changi Airport Skytrain here soon.

Dave

#4 ·
Piermaster

I used to live, as a kid, just opposite the old prison that the Japanese built. The house we lived in has been swallowed up by the expansion of the airport - apparently. Singapore has changed loads since then - love to go back - one day! As an aside, how is sunny Stowmarket these days? I was stationed on Wattisham in the Phantom days.

Cheers

Ian

#5 ·
QUOTE (Piermaster @ 18 Jan 2009, 14:15) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Will be posting photos of Singapore Mass Rapid Transit, North East Line, Bukit Panjang LRT and Changi Airport Skytrain here soon.

I can't wait

Regards

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.