Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What an interesting site this is. Having finally retired I can now find a little time to regress to model railways.
Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to get hold of OO gauge LMS or BR(LMR) locomotive livery, especially running numbers. I am the proud owner of three Airfix Fowler LMS 0-6-0 s, all three with the same number. Oops!!

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
>Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to get hold of OO gauge LMS or BR(LMR) locomotive livery, especially running numbers

For running numbers, you can look up reprints of old Loco shed books. There are also some more comprehensive books with photos (nearly all b&w) for years such as 1955 published by OPC. For just a few numbers see if you can get hold of a copy at your local library.

David

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi again. Thank you for the welcome. The railway is still just a few boxes of bits but the ideas for it are forming slowly. It will cover the period of the forties and fifties taking in the move from LMS to BR (LMR) concentrating on the area around Rochdale but also including a few "specials" so that the flagship locos of the LMS can also be given a run.

Thanks to David also - I already have details of old running numbers from a few books. - what I am looking for is either the actual transfers themselves for DIY or a service which carries out re-numbering.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Harold Young @ 22 Nov 2006, 09:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks to David also - I already have details of old running numbers from a few books. - what I am looking for is either the actual transfers themselves for DIY or a service which carries out re-numbering.

Hi Harold

Welcome aboard. You have asked about loco liveries and numbers, I know that Fox transfers do a large range of road/rail transfers, the other option is to attend your local show, where you will normally find at least one dealer who will happily sell them to you.

Regards

John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts