Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
I also have an eclectic taste in locos and have old BR locos, some continental, some american, some Thomas and some old stuff which is only available (or accessable0 through e bay. I only spend a certain amount so tend to buy faulty stuff and fix it (in most cases) and this keeps the cost down. However, it is an expensive hobby overall as 'tooling up' and getting all the spares is costly overall. Also in Ireland, everything is expensive probably due to our perceived 'strong economy (now faltering)' so I tend to buy from overseas sellers on e bay. Most are in the UK but quite a few in the continent and I tend to like this stuff. I occasionally get new stuff (on significant birthdays from my significant other).

When I do put my layout back together (with Hornby DCC as I have been buying chips for each loco (over time so not one big layout of cash)), it will be an imaginary railway world and this is the real fun. Us railway modellers tend to have great (and sometimes overactive) imaginations. I also make my own sounds (whoo whoo) and act like a kid (with my kid).

Growing up is for others.

On with the fun

Basil

·
Registered
189 Posts
QUOTE (Brian Considine @ 4 May 2008, 09:40) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I like that - make a good addition to your signature !
many thanks. Will add this to my signature (I,m sure I'll figure out how)

Basil

1 - 2 of 2 Posts