Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well do you know, although I have had "my stock" old and new for quite some time, I have found it more or less impossible to "get it together" owing to my shift work and working six and seven days the latter being overtime. But i have never given up collecting and now I am on the threshold of retirement and currently on my retirement leave, at least for another week I have started work on it, hence all the questions I have asked on here since I joined...I apologise if I have annoyed anyone asking questions which to anyone that has been doing the hobby for a long time must sound simple.
Anyway the only thing that has truly amazed me is the price of everything to do with the hobby, I buy a lot of second hand things because for one reason I think they do tend to be better quality, I HAVE got some new stock, and will no doubt as time goes on get more, but I hope to be in this hobby for a long time through retirement and I think this forum is great. It is good to be a member.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I feel I must aggree, in the World of Model Railways there are the rich, the not so rich and the poor, the latter being the person that would love to get involved and is "bubbling with interest" but simply cannot afford to for various reasons.

But of course it is not only in our hobby where prices have "rocketed", it is general in most things.But since I have had more time on my hands and got involved in buying "stock" for my planned layout, second hand mainly, I am amazed at the prices of new items. It is sad that such a quiet, interesting, inoffensive hobby should be priced in this way.

Still, that is the world today and we have either got to put up with it or dont do it, and there is no way I am giving up now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts