Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Hi Martin,

The Lenz LH 100 is an excellent piece of kit - I use one to control my LGB garden railway.

Other people prefer other makes, but one big thing in the favour of Lenz (certainly in the UK) is the support available from the importers MacKay Models - it is second to none - the rare times we have had any warranty issues parts have been exchanged by return of post with no quibble.

A couple of our customers have balked at the price of the Lenz transformer, tried to use other means, had silly problems, bought the Lenz one & no further problems.

Digitrax & NCE are good pieces of kit as well, I would not have either for the simple (& only) reason is that I just don't like the look of them - the Digitrax, in particular to my eyes looks like it was assembled with parts from Maplins (& that's no disrespect to either companie, just a personal view.)

Before you take the plunge, if you can, try as many options as possible to see which one you prefer.

Hope this helps.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Ravenser @ 27 Sep 2007, 21:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>But I'm thinking of putting up a prize for the first person in the club who manages to control a loco with the LH90. No-one's cracked it yet

Must be something wrong with the 90 or it's setup - a few of our customers use a 90 & 100 together (the 100 for setting CV's & the 90 for driving).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.