Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
9,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ESU have released a YouTube video of their latest and smallest HO scale model yet.

One thing I picked up from the video is that they have redesigned the digital uncoupling to work with metal couplings.

David

·
Registered
86 Posts
Is a nice looking little diesel. If I understand correctly, it only comes with the digital coupler fitted, that's a bit of an unnecessary expense for someone who doesn't want that or uses a coupler that isn't compatible
Hi Simon,
I quite agree but what can you do? Having several locos with digital couplers forced me to consider going back to regular Euro couplers! In the end, I found that most digital couplers work okay with Roco 40397 universal couple as here: Roco 40397 Gauge H0 Universal coupling 50 pc. jumbo pack. modellbahnshop-lippe.com

Another option I could do without is “smoke” - I can’t abide it, it looks awful, smells bad and deposits oil everywhere!
But is comes ready fitted and that’s that.
Never mind,
John E.

·
Administrator
9,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ESU's USP is that they go further and do more than other manufacturers, which is why they have all those accessories.
At least the smoke is controlled by a function key. I haven't tried either of my diesels with it yet.
Interesting that they made a big point about the new coupler design. They must have had a lot of negative feedback about the original.

David

1 - 7 of 7 Posts