Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just took delivery of a new Ecos last night. Having read the English instructions I set it to work. After a few minutes the images and signs on the touch screen went blank. I switched off the controller and restarted it. The control knobs are functional, the screen is functional but there is nothing on it. Any ideas on what went wrong?

Christo.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hello Christo and welcome to the Forum.

While I do not have the ESU Ecos, I do have the very similar Marklin Central Station 60212.

To be honest, your problem sounds terminal, and you will probably need to return your system.
However, if you have the facilities to connect a PC or laptop (You will need a crossover cable, which is sometimes supplied), then you may be able to flash upgrade the system's firmware, which may or may not help.

You can obtain the firmware and instructions from a link on the DCC supllies website
http://www.dccsupplies.com/shop/product_in...products_id=490

I hope this helps, by all accounts the Ecos is an excellent system.

Best Regards
AshleyH

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (christo @ 25 Mar 2007, 22:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I just took delivery of a new Ecos last night. Having read the English instructions I set it to work. After a few minutes the images and signs on the touch screen went blank. I switched off the controller and restarted it. The control knobs are functional, the screen is functional but there is nothing on it. Any ideas on what went wrong?

Christo.
Hi Christo, welcome to the forum. When you say the screen is functional but there is nothing on it do you mean that when you use the touch screen things happen but there is no ikon for the function?

I would agree with Ashley that this would be a return job. Speak to the guys who sold it to you as this shouldn't have happened. Sounds like the problem is with the LCD screen rather than the software.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts