Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a lot of trial and error I got the computer to talk to the ECOS. Before loading new firmware, I have version 1.0.5 and i understand you need version 1.1.0 at least to operate the mobile control which I have just been given, I would save and restore the confiruration file. It seemed to save ok, file on computer about 14KB, deleted a loco from the list and restored. The ECOS did not re-start as in the manual and the deleted loco was not there. On the screen on the computer had a (1) and (3) up by the ESU banner. I do not want to do the firmware upgrade till I ca do the save and restore properly.
Any thoughts on what is going wrong!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (voyager @ 28 Aug 2008, 15:51) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>After a lot of trial and error I got the computer to talk to the ECOS. Before loading new firmware, I have version 1.0.5 and i understand you need version 1.1.0 at least to operate the mobile control which I have just been given, I would save and restore the confiruration file. It seemed to save ok, file on computer about 14KB, deleted a loco from the list and restored. The ECOS did not re-start as in the manual and the deleted loco was not there. On the screen on the computer had a (1) and (3) up by the ESU banner. I do not want to do the firmware upgrade till I ca do the save and restore properly.
Any thoughts on what is going wrong!!

Sorry,
but my English is not well enough to understand what you want.
Even not good enough to explain ...
Please contact ESU: [email protected] even in English!!!!!

Patrick
(If you should speek Frecnh or Dutch, please contact us by e-mail!)

·
Registered
90 Posts
I seem to remember something similair happening to me the first time i tested this with an early version of firmware. If i remember correctly the restore process failed to restart the ecos automatically and after about a half an hour i restarted it myself and the restore then completed succesfully.

I Haven't had any problems with later versions of the firmware but having siad that i can't remember the last time i did a restore, i simply haven't needed to.

I don't think you can use restore to rollback the firmware updates anyway if that is what you are concerned about. I'm pretty sure it only stores the configuration such as loco and accessory lists and routes etc.

Cheers

Mark

Visit our layout website - Burtonoldbridge

1 - 3 of 3 Posts