Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
I purchased a lok programmer recently and have managed to load the correct sounds into my diesel loksound decoder. Howeve, how or where do I find other sounds to download into the decoder such as cows mooing or locomotive cab chatter. Do I download extra sounds from ESU or are there other sites who have suitable sound files. I may not want to download the sounds mentioned but would be nice to know how to do it. I have read the manual but a lot of it is not making sense to me. Thankyou.
Hi,
I think the best way to do this is to download some free sound files from the internet, this is what I did. Files like farmyard noises, birds singing, rippling stream(if you have river/ water on your layout)
Mix them together on some free sound editing software and make a loop, download the finished file onto a usb stick and play it through a small cheap sound system with speakers under the layout to give general background noise. in my case, I even distributed the sound to left and right channels so the farm sounds would be more noticeable to the left where the farm will be situated.
Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Hi Alan, I managed to download the extra sounds form ESU and was then able to figure out how to put the cab chatter on. Took a while to work it out but eventually happened. Still experimenting with the programmer at the moment.
Glad you got it sorted (y)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts