Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mornin' All
I was asked recently if I could obtain one of their 4-8-4 / 4-8-4 garretts for a friend here in the UK but the 'phone number on their website seems non-valid and they havn't responded to a couple of e-mails .Can any one tell me if they are still in business and if so, how to contact them?
Cheers
Steve

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Steve, they are still in business & a friend rang them about 9 days ago, ordered a Garrratt & it arrived last Monday. He would have used the phone number on the website which is the same in the Aust. Model magazine.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I recently had a complaint against me by BT that I would not answer my phone. The fact that:
1) they did not leave a message
2) they assumed that I would work their hours (10-4 CET) even though I work on the other side of the world and enjoy some time away from my desk at work!

Complaint dismissed and they were told to either work late or send me an E Mail!

Time zones do funny things

John

Still waiting the E Mail from BT

·
Registered
67 Posts
Thanks Guys
I did use the 'phone number from their website but my BT 'phone said "number not recognised" I would happily have left a message with them had I been given the opportunity. I'll keep trying now I know they are still with us.
Steve.

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (Carnforth @ 19 Apr 2008, 23:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks Guys
I did use the 'phone number from their website but my BT 'phone said "number not recognised" I would happily have left a message with them had I been given the opportunity. I'll keep trying now I know they are still with us.
Steve.

***did you omit the 0 from the are code - to get an AU number from OS
you'd dial +61 8 number
not +61 08 number - the added zero is only for long distance calls within AU

Richard

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Evening Guys
A quick update for you
The garratt arrived last Wed. just 7 days in transit and it certainly is a fair piece of kit, is it not ?
Pity it's not for me, you will recall that I acted as a go-between for a client that I'd previously built UK outline models for. Whils it was in my care I was asked to add a skin of real coal to the bunker and since this particular model is, I suspect, going for static display, I took the liberty ( with the owners permission, of course ) of making a short video clip to post in the public domain and made a DVD copy for the owner at the same time. It looks a little out of place here, ex-works and surrounded by work-weary Stanier and Ivatt stock!!
Many thanks to you all for your guidance re. contacting Ron ( what a nice chap he seems)
Regards
Steve
Video clip should be below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSR2PYx29k0&feature=user

·
Premium Member
774 Posts
Hi

Now that is nice, very nice indeed! You shouldn't post things like that especially after I just got paid. The amount off stuff I have bought after seeing it on this forum.

Do you mind me asking how much it cost? and did it come with sound or did you fit it. It sounds like it was RTR. Beautiful job and loco.

Thanks for the video.

Kind Regards,

m

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mornin' Martin
Costwise, it worked out at around £450.00 GB£ and that included carriage to the UK.
And yes, despite being mainly for static display, I'm sure it will get occasional use on an analogue layout so I ordered the ex-works, on-board sound version, offering prime mover only sounds, I think, on the owners behalf. Had I been left to my own devices, I'd have ordered the factory weathered version then attacked it further with the weathering powders!
Regards
Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts