Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
This BBC article has details of the new high speed Eurostar service.

Eurostar is set to make its inaugural journey from Paris to London via a new 186mph (300km/h) high-speed line.
The train - carrying members of the media - will also arrive into St Pancras International station, instead of Waterloo, for the first time.

The new line is expected to cut journey times from Paris to London by 20 minutes to 2hr 15min. It will open to the public on 14 November.

Eurostar to achieve higher speeds in UK

At last we can travel the same speeds in the UK as they can in Europe. Between London and the Channel Tunnel anyway.

I wonder how long it will be before we can travel to Glasgow or Edinburgh at these speeds?

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (dwb @ 5 Sep 2007, 03:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We've just booked a couple of tickets on Eurostar /but/ they're for October so we'll still be travelling from Waterloo and the journey time will be 2:40 and not the faster 2:20 from St. Pancras. But it's actually easier for us to get Waterloo than St. Pancras so we're not that upset about it.

David
Reminds me of one of my big regrets,

Way back in 1997 while I was still living in London I managed to get return tickets for Paris on the Eurostar. These departed London at around 7-8:00 am so I had to get up at 6:00 to get to Waterloo on time. It was October and raining and I just couldn't drag myself out of bed. Boy am I kicking myself now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.