Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife recently gave me the Hornby YGB Seacow (Departmental). I normally run steam / early diesel, but would like to run this so need a new loco. I'm considering either the Bachmann class 37 (Civil Engineers - Dutch - 32-779) or their class 66 (EWS 32-733).
Would either of these be compatible?
Also would you see mixed wagons (departmental and EWS) and would it matter what livery the Shark brake van was.

Many thanks to anyone that can help.

·
Registered
312 Posts
QUOTE (digger1962 @ 25 Mar 2008, 21:45) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My wife recently gave me the Hornby YGB Seacow (Departmental). I normally run steam / early diesel, but would like to run this so need a new loco. I'm considering either the Bachmann class 37 (Civil Engineers - Dutch - 32-779) or their class 66 (EWS 32-733).
Would either of these be compatible?
Also would you see mixed wagons (departmental and EWS) and would it matter what livery the Shark brake van was.

Many thanks to anyone that can help.
Pretty much anything in the old liveries can be run with modern locos apart from the early green one. The older liveries just tend to be obscured by rust so basically the older the livery the more rust it's covered in. I had 66's and a 67 through a few weeks back over a week of nights hauling 5 seacows in a mixture of dutch, EWS and overall rust! You can also mix in a random selection of liveries of the 4 wheel MHA, MTA etc as well. Same applies to the Shark, the older it is the more distressed it looks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE (chrisholleyuk @ 25 Mar 2008, 22:36) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>its your layout
Very true.

Must admit I'm certainly no stickler for running everything as it was, but I thought I would get a feel for the modern rolling stock as most options are open as they are available with no difference in price (apart from a slight difference in the locos).

Many thanks.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (PaulRhB @ 26 Mar 2008, 06:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Pretty much anything in the old liveries can be run with modern locos apart from the early green one. The older liveries just tend to be obscured by rust so basically the older the livery the more rust it's covered in. I had 66's and a 67 through a few weeks back over a week of nights hauling 5 seacows in a mixture of dutch, EWS and overall rust! You can also mix in a random selection of liveries of the 4 wheel MHA, MTA etc as well. Same applies to the Shark, the older it is the more distressed it looks.

Many thanks.
As I said to Chrisholleyuk as I'm buying the rolling stock anyway and there is no difference in price it would be nice to get it right.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts