Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any differences between the EWS and EWSi liveries / colour schemes? And do EWSi locos operate in the UK, abroad, or both? The reason I'm asking is that I've had my eye on the Farish and Dapol class 66s for a while, and the new Dapol ones seem to be a little better overall - however, they only have EWSi, not EWS, so I was wondering what the differences are.

Thanks,

Dave.

·
Registered
267 Posts
EWSI 66s don't run over here - They are dragged to Wembley yard (usually) where they are forwarded to france via Dollands Moor. They will generally operate under their own power once in france. ... Allthough i'm sure when they are in for modifying they start them up anyway and run them around to make sure it works fine (Could be interesting for a layout based on a depot?)

Attached a pic as well which shows the detail on a EWSI 66 in wembley yard (Taken through a 321s window!).

Attachments

·
Registered
267 Posts
To be hgonest i wouldn't stay clear of it - If you can get one of the dummy EWS ones and a powered EWSI model you could just switch the bodies over (Giving you a dummy EWSI which you dould drag around with the powered EWS one).

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (Jennings @ 21 Nov 2007, 19:56) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>To be hgonest i wouldn't stay clear of it - If you can get one of the dummy EWS ones and a powered EWSI model you could just switch the bodies over (Giving you a dummy EWSI which you dould drag around with the powered EWS one).

Now that's an interesting idea, I hadn't thought of that
. It'll push the price up, but maybe I can find a dealer that can do some sort of deal on the two together...

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Tangent alert.......

Does anyone know what geographic areas and duties these locos run on and are they only operating in France?

Regards

1 - 6 of 6 Posts