Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey folks,

as some of u know, im building my german n gauge winter scene layout. the plans are finished, the boards are done and the 1st circuit of track on level 1 is now 2/3 laid! ...

iv altered some of the track plans on levels 2 and 2 to take advantage of 6 fleischmann 3way points that i already had and managed to cut down on a large number regular electro-frog points and hence a large saving of cash as they are now around £30 a point!.

i however had to order quite a quantity of track for level 2 of the layout which isnt far away in being built (prob at the weekend!) and i was going to go to kramm near dusseldorf to pick up all the track parts i needed ... but then i stumbled across an advert in continental modeller mag for a place called " The Hobby Shop" in Faversham, Kent.

i rang them up, they had most of the items in stock and the prices were cheaper than anywhere else ... so after double checking everything, i placed a £320 order for the track. that was at 4.25pm on tues eve, 24th mar. this morning (wed 25th)at 9.30am the postman rang with the parcel to be signed for.

everything was superbly packed and perfect and i cudnt believe the speed of the service. best price and uber-fast service ... so for anyone looking for Fleischmann items, give them a ring! 01795 531666

im all for supporting local shops and not looking for the cheapest prices always, but no-one in scotland stocks fleischmann products! an opening in the market maybe someone?

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
and terrible service today!!! ...

went to glasgow model centre today in southside to replace a snapped 1mm drill bit. he only had a variety pack, so bought that - £9. paid with switch card. then looking around, spotted some cork underlay, so thought id get that - it was about £8. got my switch card out again and the guy (he's kinda sour faced/grumpy type not at all friendly guy anyways) says, these cards cost me a fortune! - 40p per transaction.

i felt like gettin the just purchased drill bits out my pocket an sayin well just give me a refund then and ill buy them elsewhere, probably down south where my business might be more appreciated - but i didnt coz i needed the drills and the cork.

if i owned a shop, id be welcoming my customers, making them feel at ease to look around and ask questions and they might enjoy their experience and buy something or recommend the shop to others - this guy is always the same - sour faced and negative attitude, i wont be going back and i wudnt recommend him to others either!. iv been in before and he was the same so gave him the benefit of the doubt - we all have off days - this fella only has off days!

glasgow model centre - not a pleasant shopping experience!.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Nice to see you found my local (well 20+ miles away) model shop freindly and prompt, I often buy stuff from them when I go to Faversham- the shop is a cross between Aladdins cave and the Tardis!

Regards

1 - 3 of 3 Posts