Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all

I'm a fan of the british exhibition layouts and i'm projet my future layout under this concept. Normally in the continent we plan our layouts thinking in a closed circuits.

I want to promove this type of layous in Spain and I want to make a web page to do to know it to the spanish people.

Please, can you tell me your favourite Exhibition Layout to put the links in the future web page?

Regards from spain,
Oscar

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
for an end to end layout my favorate is Burntisland.

pictures can be found here.
http://www.scalefour.org/layouts/Burntisland/Burntisland.htm

For a round and round layout i dont think you can beat holiday haunts.

It was incredibly simple. hardly any points just 2 loops of track but there was always stock going round and normally they were 10 coach expresses. i look at many layouts at exhibitions and often think you could strip out half the track and half the operators and have a layout that would be far more interesting.

For heaven sake. keep it simple.

Peter

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (pedromorgan @ 31 Aug 2007, 10:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>For a round and round layout i dont think you can beat holiday haunts.

It was incredibly simple. hardly any points just 2 loops of track but there was always stock going round and normally they were 10 coach expresses. i look at many layouts at exhibitions and often think you could strip out half the track and half the operators and have a layout that would be far more interesting.

For heaven sake. keep it simple.

I have to agree with Peter here, my projected layout will only have one passing loop and that is because the station plan demands it. The idea is to run a selectio of trains, none of which will be stopping at the station (with the exception of the engineers train and possibly the occasional DMU).

The end to end layouts may be superb but people really do like to see trains in the countryside.

Regards

1 - 4 of 4 Posts