Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

These is an exLSWR P+P set that was made from Blacksmith Models kits. The coaches represent the 31-36 sets that were used around Hampshire and Dorset in the late 50's.

I considered the lack of suitable stock for Hornby's sublime M7 and suspect that Hornby might produce a BR-built Maunsell P+P set, so to avoid duplication chose these on the notion that panelled stock would be Hornby's last choice.

The hard work is complete and they merely require underframe, body and roof details before painting in Carmine Red. There is wonderful photo of set 36 standing at Wimborne on page 233 of Castleman's Corkscrew - Oakwood Press.

·
Registered
233 Posts
QUOTE looking good Tim.

But just put my mind at rest by double checking the livery. I have a funny thought in the back of my mind that these should be 2 tone pink and something else. But I havent had much sleep and I am probably going crackers.

These are exLSWR coaches that will be painted Carmine Red because my layout is BR(S) in the late 50's.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Great models. Filled with admiration.
Would be great if Hornby do produce some LSWR coaches. I have one old Roxey (brown and salmon) to go with my M7 - the second one has been under construction for 20 + years!

·
Premium Member
3,614 Posts
QUOTE (72C)These are exLSWR coaches that will be painted Carmine Red because my layout is BR(S) in the late 50's.

thanks tim. Better to be safe than sorry. i still shudder at the though of the time when i accidently sprayed 3 teak 6 wheelers lime green!! of course i never doubted you for a single moment.......

Peter

1 - 7 of 7 Posts