Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
In depth idiot
7,926 Posts
QUOTE (Wizard in Oz @ 14 Feb 2008, 03:09) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Norm,

You are right. In my investigations of the history of Class 108, I have found that a Class 105 ("Craven") would be OK for la layout set in late 1959. I actually have a fair number of early diesel locomotives, all of which were in operation by December 1959: a green Bachmann O4 and an 08 in green without wasp-stripes; a Cl 20 in plain green with route discs; and a Hornby D5512.
Don't forget there were 04 and 08 in all over black at that date as well. Then there's the 40, and the NRM's ice-cream cart, and hopefully someday Bach will do another run of their 24 in plain green, and maybe Heljan would care to do an all-green pilot scheme version of their 26? We are spoilt for choice. I am really pleased at the Cravens announcement, and hope that it does well. They were pretty memorable: the forward view was great, the vibration was .. interesting .. and the sounds as their somewhat inadequate power plants were flogged along to keep time were a perpetual source of joy to me as a youngster.

·
In depth idiot
7,926 Posts
QUOTE (John Webb @ 15 Feb 2008, 13:58) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am intrigued - what class is the 'ice-cream cart', please?
John,

It's the beautiful item top left in the header bar of this site: English Electric Deltic Prototype 1 or DP1. It was so named for it's strikingly different appearance compared to the steamers around it: a colour scheme with more than a little likeness to the decor of ice cream vans of the day

1 - 2 of 2 Posts