Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lenz do an Expressnet Phone Adaptor enabling DCC wireless control for any Expressnet compatible systems using a wireless phone keypad.

Has anybody tried it?

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
266 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 6 Dec 2007, 21:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>No, but I have seen it used at a model rail show. It seems to work but the problem is that most phones don't have the appropriate buttons for train control.

All depends on what you mean by appropriate buttons. All phones have numbers 1 to 0 plus star/hash buttons which are all that is required.
With the Lenz XPA phone adaptor you have Forward, reverse. Accelerate in increments X1, X3 or X7. Same for deceleration or decelerate to stop with single button.
Also access to 9 functions plus head light. Points can also be operated if so desired.
I have been using XPA since release (few yrs ago) and have no problems with it.
Admittedly it does take a bit of practice to become familiar with it but then most new things do.

Ian sa

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (iansa @ 7 Dec 2007, 10:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>All depends on what you mean by appropriate buttons. All phones have numbers 1 to 0 plus star/hash buttons which are all that is required.
With the Lenz XPA phone adaptor you have Forward, reverse. Accelerate in increments X1, X3 or X7. Same for deceleration or decelerate to stop with single button.
Also access to 9 functions plus head light. Points can also be operated if so desired.
I have been using XPA since release (few yrs ago) and have no problems with it.
Admittedly it does take a bit of practice to become familiar with it but then most new things do.

Ian sa
A lot of people prefer rotary knobs or sliders for controlling the speed of a train. Push button doesn't do it for some.

·
Premium Member
2,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE A lot of people prefer rotary knobs or sliders for controlling the speed of a train. Push button doesn't do it for some.

Fair comment. Those who are keen on wireless and who have an Xpressnet compatible console do have this option for a wire free walkabout cab. Its good to have some feedback from an XPA user.

Happy modelling
Gary

·
Registered
266 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 7 Dec 2007, 01:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>A lot of people prefer rotary knobs or sliders for controlling the speed of a train. Push button doesn't do it for some.

Agree but, I wanted cordless control and at the time XPA was the only non infrared system available and it was frequency legal here in Australia. In fact it was no different than the original Lenz,no knob only buttons. Did not like it at first but soon adapted to it.
Push buttons, sliders, Knobs are all the same to me as long as I can operate my trains.
Happy DCCing
Ian sa

1 - 6 of 6 Posts