Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Hannover/Germany

The ME line has struggled to fulfil all services pledged to their Ep. 2 customers after a faulty steam freight engine had to be returned to the manufacturer due to pityful performance.

This move left the customers with too little motive power for their transports. "We thought that ME line should know better - we´re now actively considering to take our business elsewhere! After all, it´s our money we´re losing, not ME line´s!!!" These are the words of A.Schlotterhose of Hannover, who has his finished goods piling up inside his factory halls. Other disgruntled customers verbally displayed the same sentiments. In addition, punitive charges were lingering at ME line´s headquarters, as too little goods could be shipped.

ME line´s procurement department sought to change the situation, and supply their Ep.II freight service the way its customers have become used to. Fast, swift, yet cautious and caring. After searching the usual manufacturers for a suitable engine, it all boiled down to two engines. One was the class 45 by Bachmann-Liliput. "The engine is a beast" says Britta Z., procurement official and the hand on Tom S.´s wallet, "but its running characteristics were wonky. Accelleration was in no way swift, and the motor was noisy. So, no deal."

The second one was Brawa´s class 77 electric. Smooth running, excessive detail - the only downside were the swastikas on the sides.

"We care about our customer´s sentiments. However, we need to supply freight hauling in the 1930s era, and eventually, something like this was bound to occur. If it is historically correct, as in this case, then it is fine with ME line. However, we entirely distance ourselves with any ideas that are connected to the symbol itself. This is merely an historical image of an engine, not a political statement"

Catenaries will have been erected by the time our readers see this article, and freight service will be as swift as ever.

A good end to a stressful story, and even Mr Schlotterhose is happy again. "I never really considered taking my business elsewhere - ME line has never failed to satisfy my logistical needs". Yet another satisfied customer - way to go, ME line!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Ahhhhh the slippery slope of electrification. Soon it will be "need a class E94"
then an ET65 to move the people
, then an E44, E77 etc. Pretty soon the steam locomotives will have been marginalised
, and will have to be moved onto pastures new.

Dangerous idea buying an electric locomotive.

John

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (john woodall @ 25 Feb 2008, 09:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ahhhhh the slippery slope of electrification. Soon it will be "need a class E94"
then an ET65 to move the people
, then an E44, E77 etc. Pretty soon the steam locomotives will have been marginalised
, and will have to be moved onto pastures new.

Dangerous idea buying an electric locomotive.

John

Naaaaawwwwww... not really.
Besides, I´m neither a fan of the E94 nor of the ET65.

However, should there ever be an ET89 relase, I´d be all over it.

An E44 would be great, since some of my steamers are a bit on the "vintage" side, or maybe an E19... E70 is another favorite of mine (the Trix model in particular), or the E16 made by Roco (all DRG or early DB versions). The E52 would be a nice beast, too. Just like the E85...

You´re right. I´m doomed.

Damn!

·
Registered
305 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 25 Feb 2008, 01:29) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>MG Sharp claim to be "probably Britains biggest supplier of Brawa". However I would strongly recommend that you look at prices at Modelbahn Kramm first as they can be considerably cheaper.

Hi thanks for that. I've seen MG Sharp but they seem pretty pricey and come over with a shirty attitude. I'll take a look at Kramm thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts