Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a gap of more than 20 years, I am finally returning to active railway modelling (as opposed to looking enviously at shows). The catalyst for this has been my son who is approaching his sixth birthday and has asked for a train set! Every father's proudest moment.

His birthday gift will be a 6x4 layout, but it is going to be a long slog to get there. I've got a lot of experience building wargames maps that will hopefully serve me well, but no doubt in other aspects I will be seeking some advice.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I came back to railway modelling several years ago after a nearly 40 year break, just to please myself!

Regards,
John Webb

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Hi Cookiechem and welcome back from another ageing returnee.

I don't have the excuse of a young son but who needs an excuse anyway.

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun and if you need any advice there are plenty of experts here.

What scale do you plan to use?? I'm an N Gauger for my sins.

Regards,

Expat.

·
Registered
15 Posts
QUOTE (cookiechem @ 29 Mar 2008, 14:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>After a gap of more than 20 years, I am finally returning to active railway modelling (as opposed to looking enviously at shows). The catalyst for this has been my son who is approaching his sixth birthday and has asked for a train set! Every father's proudest moment.

His birthday gift will be a 6x4 layout, but it is going to be a long slog to get there. I've got a lot of experience building wargames maps that will hopefully serve me well, but no doubt in other aspects I will be seeking some advice.
Hi there Cookiechem..welcome to the forum..im a newcomer as well here and also to modeling...well,i did have a layout when i was a lad,which i had to put away every night...now im a big lad and the layout im trying to build i dont have to put away...lol..Im sure your son will be very proud with his layout..your both have some fun too..Cheers...Bryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts