Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend some good web sites for finding info about different current day operators? The sort of thing I'm interested in is things like what sort of trains they haul and who for (and where), depot info, that sort of thing. The reason is that I'm trying to plan a layout for a long term project, but I'm not that familiar with who does what.

Thanks,

Dave.

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
Dave,
In the first place try www.nationalrail.co.uk which I admit is aimed more at the travelling public to sort out their journeys etc. But towards the top right side of the Home page there is a tab marked 'Train Operators' which leads you into information and maps about all the present operators which you may find of use.

There are several web 'rings' dealing with the full-size railways as well as with model railways, but I haven't got any information. Try www.heritagerailways.com get onto one of the railway sites (Bluebell, perhaps?) and look out for a link to one of the rings. (I'm fairly certain the Bluebell Railway was where I first came across one of these.)

If you're after specific information on any prototype, then a post in the 'Prototype' section of this forum will often get results.
Regards,
John

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John,

Thanks for the links
. I forgot to say that I'm mainly after info about freight operators such as EWS, Freightliner, DRS, GBRF etc. I think I'll do as you suggested and post in the prototype section.

Dave.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (darobi @ 2 Dec 2007, 17:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>EWS WEBSITE

Freightliner

The Freightliner is a very good website with lots of info on the stock and depots and also a route map as well. very good online shop as well.

Thanks for the links. The Freightliner one is pretty good with lots of info. There's even something in the shop that caught my eye - the Heavy Haul poster, as it has pictures of some of the trains they run

Dave.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts