Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Fleischmann has announced their new line up of models for 2006 which includes steam and electric locomotives with sound (HO Only). Interestingly they seem to have allowed Trix to corner the Bavarian locomotive market while they concentrate on new Prussian models. They also appear to be playing it a little conservative by not producing an N-Scale Steam Locomotive with sound to answer Minitrix's version.

I'll have to ask them about this at Nuremberg!

See more here ... Eine Zeitreise mit FLEISCHMANN

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
In HO the S10 / Class 17 makes a nice alternative to the P8 and although other manufacturers make 'em the Desiros are a welcome addition. The T10 and T16s in green livery look attractive too.

In N gauge the E19 looks good - and as for the World Cup Desiro unit....!

The new N steam digital set is a good mixture and the Mitropa limited edition is sure to please the collectors.

It'll be interesting to see what these look like in the flesh at Nuremberg.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To be truthful Doug I think the output for 2006 is very conservative and I was much more intrigued by what I saw from Trix/Minitrix (21 pin digital connector, N-Scale Steam wih sound). Let's hope they have something under their sleeve at the show. If not I think Trix/Minitrix (Marklin) will get more of my money next year.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I certainly hope, at the prices Fleischmann charge for their models, especially the diesels, that future powered units are fitted with motors other than the "Pancake" that are renowned for emitting a loud grinding sound.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Fleischmann have always and still fit this type of motor to all their models.
According to a Fleischman representative, production team are looking into the possibility of fitting the newer type of motors in future releases.

·
Registered
111 Posts
QUOTE (double00 @ 28 Jan 2006, 19:04)Fleischmann have always and still fit this type of motor to all their models.

The newer Fleischmann models have can motors, some with flywheel and all wheel drive. Unfortunately it is difficult to tell what motor is used from the catalogue.

Thomas

·
Registered
487 Posts
Having grounds to complain relating to excess noise from Fleischmann c614 DMU, fitted with a Pancake 12v motor. The representative from Fleischmann UK, informed me that for years now, all models were fitted with Pancake 12v motors and as todate no decision has been taken by Fleischmann to fit newer and better electric motors to all their models - however to be fair on this matter, reference was made only to diesel models.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts