Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
2,148 Posts
The Fleischmann Br55 saga is now over now that it is weathered.

Hardwired ,with original Br55 sound and a bonus flickering firebox what more can one ask for. This little one is so special to me now.

I have taken a different approach in weathering this one. Less muck and subtle as possible compared with its big brother the Br44.Every steamer that I weather will have a character of their own. No cowcatchers mounted because she will do alot of shunting in the yard.

Hope you all like it. Enjoy.

Before:

...and after:

Baykal

· Just another modeller
9,967 Posts
**** Really nice work Erkut, and great photo's too.

Richard

· Premium Member
6,205 Posts
Hi Erkut,

Excellent

The weathering adds even more to the loco and finishes it off perfectly
..... whats the next loco to be converted

· Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks all,

Nick, my next project might be to convert either my Roco Br57 or weather my Fleischmann Br78, adding a lot of Weinert parts to it, I haven't made up my mind yet.

Neil, the only Weinert piece is the hand lock of the central smoke chamber in front of the loco.

Anthony, as much as I wanted to add coal to the tender ( as I did with the Br44) I didn't because than it would be impossible to tuck it back into its box. Maybe once when the layout is finished .

As for how I usually weather; water based acrylic paints ( Valejo, revell ), brushes from 0 to no.6, pastel powder and a little bit of imagination thats about it.
I never use sprays and air brushes.

baykal

· Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
John,

Nearly all steamers, be it shunting, passenger or stock hauling, had these grill like "Domuzluk" we call it , which actually means "Boar catcher". This was a term invented by the drivers at that time, probably due to alot of wild boars seen along the railway and possibly got driven over.

Here is a typical example: ( Pair of G8.2 picture by Robin Lush )

Baykal

· Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
Excellent work Baykal, like others I really liked the "raising steam" effect.

Regards

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.