Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
is asleep
758 Posts
Hello,

I have just noticed from 1zu160.net that Fleischmann is widening the availability of its 'Export Model' programs and so now ALL items in the country-specific ranges such as for Switzerland, Austria, Luxemberg, Belgium, Netherlands, Poland and Czech Republic will now be available through dealers in all countries!! This is for both H0 and N scales!

For example SBB / HUPAC RoLa wagons should soon be available in Germany, ÖBB RoLa wagons in Switzerland etc. etc. etc. (and even here in the UK?) Widening the access market will increase sales but hopefully increase competition too and modellers will enjoy better deals...

There is a short news article here (in German):
http://www.1zu160.net/neues/news.php

And a PDF with some examples (a mix of N and H0) but note that this does not show anywhere near the the full range that will be available:
http://www.1zu160.net/neues/neu07/Fleischm...odelle_2007.pdf

This announcement will be very pleasing for those who don't just model German or Swiss outline but who find shopping by whatever method easier in/from Germany or Switzerland (and presumably the UK although prices are always very high) than say Poland or Luxemburg...especially Switzerland because there are so many model shops and with lower VAT I think some deals can be very good, esp. for those in UK or America or Australia etc?

I rub my hands with glee!

Goedel

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Yippee.......hopefully this means that some of the stock for smaller countries, Belgium, Luxembourg etc. may get a little cheaper secondhand and much easier to source new. dbc50 will be pleased.

Regards

John

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE especially Switzerland because there are so many model shops and with lower VAT
With VAT in Germany now being charged at 19%, a lot of germans may be tempted.

David

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 13 Jun 2007, 23:02) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>With VAT in Germany now being charged at 19%, a lot of germans may be tempted.

David

A very valid point.

Regards

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts