Model Railway Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
It won’t help the OP I guess, but there is a special Trix-C track transition piece for people who have invested already in loads of Profi track and wish to expand and use another ready ballasted track (Trix-C).

·
Registered
252 Posts
That's an interesting development, although I think one of the problems with linking Fleischmann Profi track to the Trix C track will be the different heights as the Trix track is much higher,
Best wishes,
Simon

·
Administrator
9,940 Posts
There's a photo of the Trix converter track in their new items leaflet for Autumn 2020. You can clearly see it change in height from one end to the other.

David

·
Administrator
9,940 Posts
I wonder what Roco will do in response? Surely they're not going to allow their customers to decamp to Trix without a struggle?

David

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Hi Everyone I am gutted that Roco/Fleischmann had stopped making the track. But they did not even give any warning. From my perspective Roco have not come up with any thing suitable to add to the Feleischmann Profi. I invested heavily in the Profi track. When i found out i nearly dumped it because i could not get certain parts. But i would have had to start again. I have in the region of 5000 euros worth of track and could not justify. So i have had to alter my track plan severly. Just my two penny worth.
Babs

·
Administrator
9,940 Posts
Roco had got to the point where they had three track systems - Geoline, Rocoline and Fleischmann. Something had to give and with the owners putting the HO under Roco and 'n' under Fleischmann the result was inevitable?

David

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Hi Babs,
ETS = Eisenbahntreffpunkt Schweickhardt, in Waiblingen.
One of the first internet shops in Germany, online since the 1990s and a great physical presence too, really nice shop. I first used them in 1998/99. Nice people.
ETS
Have a look at the links down the left of the home page, under "Aktuelle Informationen" you can find "Fleischmann H0 Gleise bei uns immer zu haben"

·
Premium Member
1,043 Posts
Hi 6991 Thank you for the Great info never knew about them. Thank you. Sadly the article i was looking for the 3 way point is secondhand andbecause of the complexities of the point i needed new. Thank you once again.
Babs

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Hi John,
Profi track is the Fleischmann pre ballasted track, the ebay link was for Fleischmann model track, which is what I use.
Regards
Alan

·
Premium Member
901 Posts
Hi Babz,
Glad you liked the link and if you are ever in the Stuttgart area I recommend a visit. If you get on the S2 in the direction of Schorndorf, get out at Stetten-Beinstein
and its a lovely walk across a field and along by the river Rems, probably 10 minutes or so walk.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Whilst browsing the Piko catalogue today I noticed that they also have a transition track to link their ready ballasted system to the Fleischmann profi track. Might be quite useful as the height difference is much less than with the Trix track.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts