Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Fleischmann 6476 HO Roundhouse is described as a kit.

1) Does anyone know if there is much to putting one of these together? (kits are not a speciality of mine)

2) The doors open automatically for he locos, How?

3) Does it require an electrical feed?

4) Is it suitable to go with the Roco HO turntable?

Thanks for any help and advice

Simba

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Hi Simba

I'm not sure of the Roco turntable , but the Fleischmann one has 7.5 degrees between each exit and the Roundhouse kit is the same.
The Faller round house kits are designed for both but have a 15 degree spacing (installs closer to the turntable), so you use every second exit on the turntable , that definitely has auto opening and closing doors. The kit is not that difficult and the doors are operated by a mechanical system . a plate the Loco butts up to at the back of the shed closes the doors , I think the Fleischmann one may be similar but I'm not sure as it has automatic opening doors at both ends so the mechanism must be different.

Regards Zmil

·
Registered
89 Posts
QUOTE (zmil @ 6 Nov 2008, 12:18) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Simba

I'm not sure of the Roco turntable , but the Fleischmann one has 7.5 degrees between each exit and the Roundhouse kit is the same.
The Faller round house kits are designed for both but have a 15 degree spacing (installs closer to the turntable), so you use every second exit on the turntable , that definitely has auto opening and closing doors. The kit is not that difficult and the doors are operated by a mechanical system . a plate the Loco butts up to at the back of the shed closes the doors , I think the Fleischmann one may be similar but I'm not sure as it has automatic opening doors at both ends so the mechanism must be different.

Regards Zmil

Fleischmann one is similar. Doors open at front only and are activated by plate at the back which is pushed by the loco to open the doors.

Nice kit to build. Quite a lot of parts but not at all difficult.

I have built this as well as the Vollmer one and the Heljan one. Heljan one needs a bit more work and is very large but can be excellent.

Fleischmann spacing matches fleischmann turntable. I believe the Roco turntable has variable spacing so should be compatible.

David

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello Simba

As a complete novice in this hobby, I built this kit a couple of months ago. I found no problem - everything worked well and this is from someone who has not put together a model since his teenage years (well over 40 years ago) and considers himself rather ham-fisted
I enjoyed the construction process too.

Regards
Paul

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.