Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Well RoFl are bound to start sharing some product, and DCC is the logical first step.

The wine wagon on Page 28 is something so different that it has moved into the Need colum.

Some neat stuff, but not a lot for Epoch II.

John

·
Registered
3,998 Posts
Given my age Im more of a diesel fan but engines like these are rather appealing, this one has some great detail to it

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
well its head to head with the Trix S3/6.

When they are both released, it will be interesting to see which is better, both in terms of detail and performance.

John

·
Administrator
9,844 Posts
QUOTE They have called it a Fleischmann MultiMAUS

I would have called it a FleischerMaus and given away an opera CD with it

David

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE (john woodall @ 24 Jan 2009, 20:04) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>well its head to head with the Trix S3/6.

When they are both released, it will be interesting to see which is better, both in terms of detail and performance.

John
Yes it sure is. I just cancelled my Trix s3/6 for finanical reasons but may be tempted back depending on the outcome.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Have you guys seen the prices in euros! 499 for a loco.....with sound, 350 or so for one without!

The four piece epoch II crane set looks nice (but its 189 euro) as well as that Class 18.5 mentioned above.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Hi Simon,

Thats the RRP price. Expect the internet dealers (Kramm and Lokshop to be at least 10-20% below this.

But your right it is expensive. That being said it is a very nice crane (I have the MaTrix one).

If you are a Era IIa Bavarian modeller, it is likely a must have set.

John

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
"I would have called it a FleischerMaus and given away an opera CD with it"

David, you are sad! Strauss would be proud of you.......

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Having had a chance to download the catalogue and browse in detail there are a few must buys in there for me. The P10 and the BR95 in green are excellent looking.

The S3/6 looks great in blue although it has no sound. The Trix one is cheaper and has sound although I see that the Trix one has been put back from the first to the fourth quarter.

Nice to see some Fleischmann KPEV coaches too.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Neil

After looking at some of the service sheets for the Fleischmann Steam Sound Locos , I don't think I would be that keen on them , It looks like they have a Large round speaker (maybe 28mm) in an enclosure that takes up the lower part of the Cab plus part of the firebox- I'm not sure if they are pointing up or down though.

As most layouts are between waste and arm height you would be looking on a downwards angle at the rolling stock , Its like being back in the days of the Motor in the Cab.

Regards

ZMil

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was looking for a way to put a larger speaker in the lok , so I looked at the service sheets of the Sound Loks , they all seem to use the same speaker arrangement , but I think Erkut's solution of the speaker in the roof of the Cab pointing down is better
Especially when viewed in the normal way

Regards

Zmil

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
Hi Zmil,

I haven't got any Fleischmann locos and don't know anyone who has that I can pop round and visit so I am at the mercy of theinternet in that erespect.

KPEV locos in their green livery are pretty rare so I would have to take the risk unless I do find out the loco is utter rubbish. I thought the BR95 was a recent lco and therefore expected it to be better. I had thought that the S3/6 might have been a re-issue of the Roco one (which was very nice) in a new livery. The price seems to indicate this as the Roco S3/6 was one of their Platin series before the old Roco went defunct.

Cheers

Neil

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
Hi Neil, John, Zmil

If you really want to compare like with like and what to choose, the only real direct comparison you have is between Fleischmann article 4119, and Trix 22038/22039. These are the only releases directly comparable on a prototype level playing field. As I understand it, it goes something like this...

Fleischmann 4119 is DRG 18 501 introduced in 1924 and presented as running in late 20s - early 30s
Trix 22038 (with all whizz-bang bells and whistles) is 18 444 and presented in, quote, 'late 1920s condition'
Trix 22039 (standard version) is 18 445 and again in 'late 20s condition'.

The key thing to note, is that they are models of different locos - the Fleischmann being the series 'k' lok with the 'normal' 1870mm driving wheels.
The Trix loks are the 2000mm driver 'Hochhaxige' introduced in 1914 - series 'd' and 'e'.

So perhaps a comparison of the qualities of these locos could be valuable with DRG stock of the period under DRG conditions.

Fleischmann 480902 is the special 'one-off' loco 3709 in the Seddin exhibition condition (lasted a few months)- looks nice too, and I think merely a rework of the already released 4119, after all they are both from the series 'k' build of these locos. As it happened, when in DB service 3709 = 18 508 lasted right up to 1961/2.

The Trix insider model 22045 is 18 451 and of special significance because it went to LVA Goettingen, was really the only Hochhaxige to make it any way in to DB times and carry the 'Deutche Bundesbahn' lettering under the number on the cab (most of the others withdrawn by 1950). As I said on another thread, it's special because it remains with us today at the Deutsche Museum in Munich, and is utterly magnificent and a very cunning choice for 'club' members.

It's astounding the way they (trix) are mixing things up - the Trix Epoche I versions also have different running numbers - 22040 (bells/whistles) is 3624 (= 18 441) while 22041 is 3626 (= 18 443).

The other new Fleischmann model 411901 represents 18 495 (at least thats what's on the FL website) which was withdrawn in 1959 and could have only run with the 3 headlights for a couple of years, but a welcome model anyway - now give us one with 2 headlights !!

The basis for the Fleischmann 18 class locos began with the totally new 4118 (18 620), released a few years ago and the subsequent releases are, I guess, body reworkings and paint jobs. These locos (4118) received very good press when released.

Mind you, as I have said before, the Trix locos do look pretty special if the tiny pictures are right - time will tell.

·
Premium Member
893 Posts
The wording of course should have said...

was really the only Hochhaxige to make it any way in to DB times and carry the 'Deutsche Bundesbahn' lettering OVER the number on the cab...

sorry

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
QUOTE Mind you, as I have said before, the Trix locos do look pretty special if the tiny pictures are right - time will tell.

Hi 6991,

I did hear someone speculate that the photos ere of the Micro Metakit model but I don't know how true that is. I do fancy one though, I'd have gone for the Fleischmann one if it had had sound as that blue livery is awesome.

Thanks for the info 6991 it makes things clearer.

cheers

Neil

1 - 19 of 19 Posts