Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if you are all aware but you can get a parts list for each Fleischmann locomotive plus can order certain parts if something gets broken (fragile handrails etc).

Go to http://www.fleischmann.de , select your loco and click on spare parts for the schematic breakdown. A sample is shown below.

Its also pretty handy if you are going to open your loco up and fit a chip!

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Baykal is quite correct - not all of it works.

What you do need to look out for with the FLM diagrams is the modifications made over the years - all the service sheets are/have been available but you need to double check if possible.

I's a pity that FLM don't provide full service sheets with their locomotives like Roco & Piko, to name just two do.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 29 Sep 2007, 09:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Baykal is quite correct - not all of it works.

You can call them at +49 911 33 70 0 and ask for the spares department. From my experience, the ladies there are very knowledgable, extremely helpful, and friendly, too. As they know their stuff there, they´ll automatically "switch" your order to the most recent available spare part number. From what I´ve heard, they´ll even fax or send you the latest diagrams, if you ask them.

Just don´t mention "UK first", or make Hitler references. That might p... them off a bit.*

*Yes, I´m still annoyed.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (ME 26-06 @ 29 Sep 2007, 09:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You can call them at +49 911 33 70 0 and ask for the spares department. From my experience, the ladies there are very knowledgable, extremely helpful, and friendly, too. As they know their stuff there, they´ll automatically "switch" your order to the most recent available spare part number. From what I´ve heard, they´ll even fax or send you the latest diagrams, if you ask them.

Just don´t mention "UK first", or make Hitler references. That might p... them off a bit.*

*Yes, I´m still annoyed.

I never said anything like that, I seem to remember it was some guy who was upset that somebody said his Thomas the Tank engine wasn't prototypical(the eyes were too close together).

Those updated diagrams you mention, will some show where you can place the DCC chip in a tender powered N loco? (main body or tender?)

·
is asleep
758 Posts
In Euro N scale most manufacturers are very good with their detail sheets, and Roco have some of them online if you look carefully on their website. I have found this site very useful for the deceased Arnold company (St. Hornby International in gradually re-releasing things but Arnold had an absolutely huge range and I doubt more than a small fraction of it will reappear...) and for all the others in fact:

http://www.waschzettel.de.vu/
(the website has an advertisement pop-up but even Internet Explorer 7 can block it!) and it has lots sheets for the following, well worth a visit:

Arnold - Atlas - Bachmann - Bemo - Brawa - Fleischmann - Hobbytrain - Ibertren - Kato - Lemke Collection - Minitrix - Piko - Roco - Tomix

(I have attempted to rate my experiences with each manufacturer by colour, although all my Fleischmann Piccolo models are recent releases which are a lot better, in fact my entire collection except two models dates from ~1990 onwards at least...perhaps someone else has a more long term view.)

From my experience the Roco and Arnold ones are very good, full of detail and often in at least two languages, they also mention coupling convertors if the the owner wishes to use Mr Fleischmann's Profi couplings, which they mention by name instead of pretending that no other manufacturer exists! Of the new ones though Minitrix do the best as far as I know, with often three or four languages and an exploded labelled isometric diagram of the entire model with a full parts list etc.

The only thing missing from datasheets I feel is more detail on the model and it's history. This applies for wagons too, a datasheet with a schematic of the orginal wagon/coach with details of use would be really nice and I am sure very easy for those who make the models to provide. It would add significantly to the 'collectability' of the model if it came with a nicely presented information/history/usage card...which could hardly hurt sales - and what does an extra piece of paper cost to include in the box? Nothing...think how much junk mail one receives each day and goes straight into the paper recycling box unread - if these marketting companies can afford to do it I don't see why a model manufacturer can't!!

Goedel

·
is asleep
758 Posts
QUOTE (simonj @ 29 Sep 2007, 11:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>his Thomas the Tank engine wasn't prototypical(the eyes were too close together).

QUOTE (simonj @ 29 Sep 2007, 11:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Those updated diagrams you mention, will some show where you can place the DCC chip in a tender powered N loco? (main body or tender?)
Hmmm. Depends if it is meant to have a decoder installed - there are presumably three options - DCC ready and it comes with a chip socket (e.g. Minitrix RE 460), DCC friendly/optimised and it comes with the wiring deliberately designed for a decoder to be soldered in (e.g. Hobbytrain Taurus) or DCC- do you mean Digital Compact Cassette? in which case the designer didn't give any thought to anything except making the design as simple and efficient for the manufacturing process in which case the decoder must go where-ever it will fit, presumably in the tender/first coach etc.

The best course of action is presumably just to open the model up and have a look at what is possible!

Miniaturisation should make this less of a problem with every iteration. If space is very tight then just wait for the Lenz Platinum or Palladium or Osmium!! Or Lenz Copper?!

Goedel
(who swears by(at) the Lenz Protactinium chipset.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts