Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Fleischmann Turntable (6651C) is not working. It just stopped. It was fine the other day and not it doesn't work.

The solenoid that activates the release that allows the bridge to move on to the next track clicks, so there is power getting there and the motor takes power from the same connections.

It maybe the motor, I'll try to feed it with some AC power to isolate and the problem

Anybody have a similar problem?

Do shops sell replacement motors?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Hi Doug

My turntable is in storage (with everything else) so I cant have a look
But as far as I am aware the motor is powered directly from the switch and takes the full 16Vac
Looking at the service sheet _ there is a 3 contact block which transfers power from the motor drive to the bus
this may have come adrift

Hope this helps
Regards Zmil

·
Just another modeller
9,983 Posts
QUOTE (zmil @ 13 Sep 2008, 21:22) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Doug

My turntable is in storage (with everything else) so I cant have a look
But as far as I am aware the motor is powered directly from the switch and takes the full 16Vac
Looking at the service sheet _ there is a 3 contact block which transfers power from the motor drive to the bus
this may have come adrift

Hope this helps
Regards Zmil

***The motor is DC...

Richard

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Hi Doug

That does not sound promising

There is a small capacitor in the circuit near the motor , that may have given up
the service sheet does not give a circuit diagram or a value for the capacitor

It does not look easy to replace the motor Mechanism
The mechanism is the same for 6052 and 6152 turntables
The Part No. is- 50 6052

I had one 6052 turntable that turned quite slowly compared to my 6152c turntable but as both were bought second hand
you never know how much they have been used.
I ended up selling the slow one

Regards Zmil

·
Registered
182 Posts
Doug

It could be a tricky time to get Fleischmann items repaired, as the new owners appear to be selling off the family silver at the moment, and it is unclear what future direction the company will take.
For example, will they continue to make Profi track when it competes directly with Roco's Geoline.

Although Roco have a nice small turntable in their lineup, the Fleischmann one is likely to continue, as it is also produed in a 3 Rail version for Marklin.

John Hills, the UK Fleischmann (and now Roco) chap, is probably a good first port of call for a motor, the motor itself looks very similar to the Hornby M Type motor, I don't know if it is the same though.
Hopefully the motor on its own may not be too costly.

Regards
Ashley

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Doug Hi,

Just curious, did you sort out the problem with the FLM turntable?
If you did , what was it related to, motor?

Baykal

·
DT
4,794 Posts
I've taken the motor itself right out, removed capacitors to see if they were causing the problem.

The motor seems weak and feeble. It only runs if I give it a good spin by hand to start it off. I ran it in some deionised water for a few minutes and the brushes seem fine. It just seems weak and stops at the slightest pressure. Seems as hough the magnets have lost all their force. A mini screwdriver hardly is attracted to the case.

So if anybody can point me in the direction of a replacement motor, I'd appreciate it.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Doug,

It looks very much like the motor used in the track cleaning loco (although the plastic gear is not the same) - PM me your post address & we'll send you one to try.

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I've been a bit busy with visiting family over the last week.

I was quoted £30 for a Fleischmann replacement, but I have a $0.99 motor bought from America that has a short spindle. I'll see if I can attach the old spindle and worm gear to the new motor.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Hi Doug

Now that sounds like a good economical fix
Prices for genuine parts are just "off the Planet"

I'm sure other people will benefit if you find a reasonable price repair for your turntable
I have seen a couple sold on Ebay Locally (au) with a need for new motors

Regards Zmil

1 - 20 of 21 Posts