Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Have just splashed out on the Fleischmann twin centre (startset passenger train)
and it seems to run very well. Nice low speed as well.
Have been trying to set the inertia level from the instruction book but cannot
get the hang of it. Maybe someone could explain in simple terms please.
Tried pressing f2
alter control knob
press f2
The train then seems to run faster or slower with more or less movement of the
control knob so how is the braking or acceleration altered.

Thanks

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (Smokeyone @ 18 Sep 2007, 09:00) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello

Have just splashed out on the Fleischmann twin centre (startset passenger train)
and it seems to run very well.

Thanks

The FLM Twin-Centre is a good bit of kit (we use them on St.Laurent).

The instruction book is not very easy to find your way round - all the info' is there - it's just finding it !

The CV's to alter the acceleration/braking are CV's 3 & 4.

Put the locomotive on the programming track & (from memory - I can always do it straight away when at the TC) put the TC into programming mode, go though the menu to get into DCC & CV's - unless you are happy with the top speed select CV5 which is top speed ( - always best to set top speed first) & read value - reduce value of the setting by about 25% & try top speed - keep adjusting until the top speed is correct. Then select CV3, read value - increase by about 25%, keep adjusting until acceleration is correct, then repeat with CV4 to set the braking.

I've not really explained this very well - could easily show how in front of a TC or maybe explain better over the phone. If you want any further help send me a PM & I'll let you have my phone number.

Hope this helps - once you have mastered the TC you will find it easy !

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (dbclass50 @ 18 Sep 2007, 20:14) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>That's kind of you to offer to sort it out over the phone. I'll have a further go
as per your instructions and get back to you.

The FLM Twin-Centre is a good bit of kit (we use them on St.Laurent).

The instruction book is not very easy to find your way round - all the info' is there - it's just finding it !

The CV's to alter the acceleration/braking are CV's 3 & 4.

Put the locomotive on the programming track & (from memory - I can always do it straight away when at the TC) put the TC into programming mode, go though the menu to get into DCC & CV's - unless you are happy with the top speed select CV5 which is top speed ( - always best to set top speed first) & read value - reduce value of the setting by about 25% & try top speed - keep adjusting until the top speed is correct. Then select CV3, read value - increase by about 25%, keep adjusting until acceleration is correct, then repeat with CV4 to set the braking.

I've not really explained this very well - could easily show how in front of a TC or maybe explain better over the phone. If you want any further help send me a PM & I'll let you have my phone number.

Hope this helps - once you have mastered the TC you will find it easy !

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Have mode on the programme secreen
pressed menu button
screen shows dcc programme

Help please or is this a telephone call

1 - 4 of 4 Posts