Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
QUOTE (Dave R @ 17 Sep 2007, 19:24) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...Fleischmann and Roco...I would be interested to here members opinions on the quality and detail of these two makes. I will be interested in both steam and diesel locos...

Both brands have a range that goes from zeroes to heroes. It depends on the specific model you´d want. In addition, don´t dismiss the other continental DC model makers.

What engines exactly would you be interested in?

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
QUOTE (Dave R @ 17 Sep 2007, 20:28) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My initial thought were to purchased a BR64 tank loco ...

Roco.

Fleischmann´s class 64 is one of their older, crude-looking offerings (which I - personally - wouldn´t touch with a bargepole), whereas Roco´s 64 is a brand new release, true to scale, 8-pole-DCC socket and all.

As for the Donnerbüchsen, imho they all suck*. Some (like myself) say Roco sucks a bit less, but that is a matter of personal choice. Older Fleischmanns feature brass window frames, which look wonky. If you want to buy them on eBay, make sure you get the same colors, as both have been produced in different shades of green. There´s a person named Bernd Schlosser who has made outstanding Cid Donnerbüchsen in TT and HO, etched in brass, easy to assemble because basically, you only have to fold and glue them; no soldering required (those wacky Germans...).

*except for Brawa´s, but they are costly, ad technically speaking, albeit they look the same, they are not Donnerbüchsen.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.