Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i am thinking of getting a v218 but there is a trix v218 witch looks good but also a flieschmann v218

i am not shure witch one too get

trix or flieschmann

both look very good the flieschmann seems better qwality over all but the trix is cheaper but is not out yet

i know what the flieschmann looks like and sounds like video on youtube
i like the sound qwality of the flieschmann but i don't know how the trix will sound like also the trix has that new moter in it too

can any one help

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Personally, I´d wait for the Trix, as the Fleischmann´s front windows are way off, and the concept of installing a motor on one bogie and having only these two axles powered seem a bit vintage to me.

However, should you decide to buy a Fleischmann, at all costs avoid an engine that has been taken from a trainset. These engines have extremely reduced detail, which then can only be applied at great effort, cost, and many spare parts.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i might wait for the trix because the fleischmann insides are not as good

i just hope the trix will have some good sound to it

dos any one have any updates on its reliese

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hhmmm intresting thanks for that i will see if i can get it i am very intrested in this model it is a pitty i can't find a video with sound of it yet

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Take a look at this thread - to view the pictures, click on the "Bild 1" (...2...3...4 - you get the idea
) links in the first posts.

Click me!

Note that these are pictures of the actual production model in grey primer.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (dragoburnhard @ 18 May 2007, 18:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i am thinking of getting a v218 but there is a trix v218 witch looks good but also a flieschmann v218

i am not shure witch one too get
both look very good the flieschmann seems better qwality over all but the trix is cheaper but is not out yet

i know what the flieschmann looks like and sounds like video on youtube
i like the sound qwality of the flieschmann but i don't know how the trix will sound like also the trix has that new moter in it too
can any one help

Hmmmmm......... You are not comparing apples with apples here.

The Fleishmann 218 on the link is the one with factory fitted ESU sound decoder.
The Trix 218 on the link does not have a decoder of any sort fitted.

The FLM 218 has been around for decades now, but they still perform well, especially with a decent decoder on DCC.
If the Trix 218 has the newer chassis with central motor it will be a better peformer than the earlier one - it will certainly be more expensive than the FLM one (PM me for quotes if it's any good).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
hhmmm well i do have a flieschmann BR18.6 with sound decoder and it sounds super i think the decoder in it do's it's job well there is minor bugs but nothing to get upset about

also the trix that i showen on the link do's have a sound decoder in it
another link to it

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (dragoburnhard @ 19 May 2007, 10:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hhmmm well i do have a flieschmann BR18.6 with sound decoder and it sounds super i think the decoder in it do's it's job well there is minor bugs but nothing to get upset about
also the trix that i showen on the link do's have a sound decoder in it
another link to it

Hmm... I've just looked again & at some dealer stuff we have & it looks like both the 22218 & 22219 have decoders fitted - the 22218 with sound, the 22219 without - that would make the 22218 extremely good value for money !
Will check with the importers on Monday.
Sorry for confusing things !

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (ME 26-06 @ 18 May 2007, 19:19) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>However, should you decide to buy a Fleischmann, at all costs avoid an engine that has been taken from a trainset. These engines have extremely reduced detail, which then can only be applied at great effort, cost, and many spare parts.

Most of the 218's we sold in starter sets (both DC & DCC) were in fact the regular catalogue items with all the detailing !
However, you can usually pick up a decent one for about £40 or so !

·
Registered
487 Posts
If you are after proven track record for robustness and reliability in a model railway locomotive, then Fleischman is hard to beat - choosing however depends on money available.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts