Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Further to Richards advice - if this does not cure the problem then change the decoder to a Lenz, ESU, TCS or similar. Some FLN locos can be tight on decoder space - what locomotive is it BTW ?

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (S&D @ 16 May 2008, 11:21) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for your response. I'm sorry I don't understand what CV29 means. Have looked in FLM handbook, not much help. In fact I feel that handbook is of little help in any respect, but thats another issue.
A common observation about the handbook.

Use the programming track with the TC in programming mode & select CV29 then change the value to 8.

If you still don't have any luck send me a PM & I'll talk you through it on the phone.

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (S&D @ 16 May 2008, 19:01) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Oh s*** Does this mean that my new kit will become obsolete?
Nigel
No not at all - the FLM TC is a rebadged Uhelbrook Intellibox that will also control FLM FMZ. It is a fully DCC spec'ed unit so apart from having a total of 9 functions it will last you for a long time.

It's possible that FLM FMZ will be dropped, but there are actually a surprising number of FMZ users about - just watch how much FMZ fetches on fleabay - one thing about FLM is their loyalty to support users of older technology, this may or may not change in the future.

Are you running DCC or FMZ ?

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 16 May 2008, 19:25) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>What is more likely to happen is that a new system is developed which supports the original system in a backwards compatibility mode but whose primary mode of operation is NMRA.
David
This is exactly the case with the FLM Twin-Centre - it supports DCC as in NMRA, FLM FMZ & Trix (Selectrix I think).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts