Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
It might just be me (new computer) but it seems the pages over the last week or so take a lot longer to load I have broadband and a new computer,mostly the first page of a section and when posting messages takes a long time to think about it. Is anyone else having a problem or do I need to look at mine. Not happening on any other site.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
It could also be your security software or newer browser versions doing more pre-checking of the web pages before loading them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for that I got 900 kbps I do think the security software is checking more things but why is it only on this site?

·
No Longer Active.
13,319 Posts
Generally I find MRF problem free - the only time it seems slow is when I have too many programmes running in the background or when internet traffic is very high.

·
Premium Member
6,201 Posts
At times MRF will time out here but apart from that its fine most days i log in in the morning and all day problem free.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
900kbs is very slow. I get over 2000 and I'm on a slow broadband connection. Try the Full Tests on the PC Pitstop home page.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just done another test with different server and the reading was 3,257 kbs a lot different. The site is loading better now must have been a problem at my end thanks for the info very useful, just done a test on an Aussie site and the reading was 5,450kbs even better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts