Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I see moderator Doug is based in France and likes Northern French railways.

There is a shop in Evesham UK that have developed their own range of French buildings for WWII wargamers. Maybe they are of interest.

http://www.battlehonours.co.uk/products.asp?cat=346

15mm wargame scale is between HO and N unfortunately. Maybe they'll make them in correct scales too.

Never hurts to ask.

Regards

Graeme

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Following on from the above MKD, a French company, make a good range of French buildings as well, some of which could easily be modified into UK style properties. I have also heard a rumour that Hornby have bought this firm as well, but have no firm details.

Regards

John

·
DT
4,794 Posts
Those are good models. Thanks for the link. It says 15mm - what does that mean? - that the figures to fit the buildings are 15mm tall?

Regarding MKD, they are/were a model kit manufacturer and distributed Hornby products in France. Hornby bought them out last year and they are now known as Hornby France.

The MKD kits are good. Every time I found one in a model shop, it had missing pieces as there was no plastic bag and just a tiny piece of tape holding the box together. Conrad sell them and so far every one I've got from them is intact.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (Doug @ 1 Dec 2006, 11:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It says 15mm - what does that mean? - that the figures to fit the buildings are 15mm tall?

The MKD kits are good.

If memory serves, (I gave up wargaming about 30 years ago) 15mm does indeed relate to the height of the figures, in HO this would make the figures approximately 4' 3" tall. However there is no reason they could not be used at the back of a layout to enhance perspective.

Regards

John

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, 15mm is the figure height, so doors are about 18mm

Give Ade in the shop a ring and he'll send them out.

Graeme

1 - 5 of 5 Posts