Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fuel Pad (previously 'Physiotherapy Project') made its first public appearance today at the Harwich and District Railway Society exhibition - This Society has only 7 members of which only 2 are modellers and organised a superb show with4 traders and at least 12 layouts! They had over 500 attendance - Not bad for a bienniel exhibition.

There was a fair amount of praise received for Fuel Pad, especially for the reasoning behind this idea and to my surprise, I got an exhibition booking for the Colne Valley Railway on 28 June!

Dave

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (BobB @ 22 Feb 2009, 08:05) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks nice, maybe a bit limited operationally though.

Is your arm better now ?

Yes Bob, it is limited, but it is different and the idea behind it (physiotherapy) caught a lot of interest. My arm is OK, but doesn't like the British Winter! It's the best it'll ever be - can do most things but not heavy lifting nor contact sports - can't play the piano either, but I never could!!!

Dave

·
Premium Member
6,202 Posts
Hi Dave,

Excellent layout glad to see your showing it with plenty of interest ............. i have the kits still and am going to try and incorporate them into Novahill somehow

·
Dogsbody
1,387 Posts
Hi Dave

After a few years down south, I don't think any part of my body could stand the English winter, especially the one you're in the middle of now !

Glad to hear the arm is working again.

Bob

p.s. I can't play the piano either but I once got a tune out of a mouth organ !

·
Premium Member
4,854 Posts
Well done Dave. Glad to see your efforts have been justly rewarded.

I can't stand the British Winters either (too cold and wet) having spent the last 32 years in far sunnier and warmer climes. Hence (partly anyway) my decision to retire to Guilin in SW China where it never gets below about 8ºC even on the coldest Winter night and the Summer temperatures are in the high 20s/low 30s. It's currently 21ºC there incidentally, though it has been raining overnight.

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Nice one Dave

always good to hear of a future booking.

Regards

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well the sale of 'Fuel Pad' did fall through - thanks to a timewaster, every cloud has a silver lining and 'Fuel Pad' has just been booked for Colne Valley Railway exhibition on 27 June 2010.

Plenty of time to tweak it!!!!

Dave

·
Dogsbody
1,387 Posts
Hi Dave

I'm surprised that you were contemplating selling it but then I can't imagine parting with anything that I have made mine by either building it or at least modifying it.

Enjoy the exhibition !

Bob

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I want to put this up for sale some time in the 2nd half of 2010, but can't remember who else on this forum expressed an interest in buying it. Would he or she please stand up and make themselves known to me?

Many thanks,

Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts