Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our garden layout is not permanent, we build different set-ups every time.
Then we shoot lots of photos and films that form our end product.
We strive for maximum realism, so no fences or garden chairs to be seen and no roller coaster speeds.
We are curious to know if there are other garden railway enthusiasts who use our formula.
please visit us at http://www.thefunnyman.nl

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
Welcome indeed Cornyman,

I thought it looked like LGB.

Regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The scale is ordinary G-scale (45mm) and it is indeed LGB rolling stock, some of it a bit weathered.
We simply spend a lot of time and patience taking low-position pictures and shoot a lot of takes for the films.
And, of course, we are lucky with our large garden so that we can keep buildings and fences etc. out of sight.
After two years of working in this way, we still have not been able to find out if there are any others using the same sort of approach as we have. Most garden railroaders seem to go for the concreted type of fixed layout.
We are pleased to read that our attempts have been noticed and are appreciated.
Cornyman & son (Funnyman)

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
I'm not aware of anyone else modelling in this way - but it does seem to work.

Regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It seems to be a psychological fact that once the building of their layout is completed, the purpose of life for many model railway enthusiasts evaporates. By having to start afresh each time we keep the joy of the creative process going.
Hence we are surprised to be the only ones so far to have hit upon this -outdoor layout- approach.

How does one from being a baggage porter become a company chairman ?

·
Administrator
9,845 Posts
QUOTE By having to start afresh each time we keep the joy of the creative process going.
I have a tendency to do that with my indoor layouts. This one will be different !

QUOTE Hence we are surprised to be the only ones so far to have hit upon this -outdoor layout- approach.
I have to say I'm tempted. We still haven't got beyond the loco, coach and four feet of track on display in the lounge.

QUOTE How does one from being a baggage porter become a company chairman ?

An awful lot of typing. I've been slacking and have fallen behind Dave

David

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 7 Oct 2008, 20:23) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>An awful lot of typing. I've been slacking and have fallen behind Dave

As indeed have I behind Neil and Brian!

Regards

·
Chief mouser
11,775 Posts
QUOTE (zmil @ 8 Oct 2008, 11:38) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>By the way BRITHO congrats on becoming "Company Chairman"

Why thank you

Regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
QUOTE (DWB)I have to say I'm tempted. We still haven't got beyond the loco, coach and four feet of track on display in the lounge.

As we are quite pleased with our approach, and have not yet come across anybody who works along the same lines, we would like to spread the word and propagate the merits of this satisfying formula for garden railroading.
The creative "flow" is repeated every time we start building up another set, and we are mercifully free from having to maintain a permanent outdoor layout. (moles, weeds, rotting leaves and gunk generally).
I hope you will give it a try and do not forget to record every session on photo and film.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts