Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just been given the remains of a garden railway following a local bereavement. There was about 200 yds of Peco track and some other bits and pieces.
The track was of no use but there are two GM controllers, a double and a single. The double is marked 'series UDS'. The single is just marked 'GM electronic loco controller'. They both have a cream coloured front panel.
They have a simulator facility which my current GM and H&M do not.
Does anyone know how to wire them up ? The back of the double has four terminals for each track...2 show input 16v ac and the other two 'track 0-12v dc'.
The single has three blocks of two...one block 'track 0-12vdc', one '12v dc '(input presumably) one 'accessories 16v ac'.
I shall not want to use the 16v but on the double, does the input of 16v ac convert to 12v dc in the controller ?
I realise I shall have to use separate transformer to get power into them.
Any ideas from the boffins out there gratefully recieved.
Ed

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ed go to www.gaugemaster.com. Select the type of controller you have and then click technical instructions. I have only quickly scanned but it may have the information you need. Failing that, a phone call or e-mail will probably get you the info you require.

Good luck

Dave

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ed,

If they are faulty, just ask Gaugemaster if their life time guarantee will apply. Don' try to mend them yourself, or you will lose their warranty.

They do supply suitable transformers.

Colombo

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys, never thought of that !
I think they will be OK as they were regularly used by the old chap. I shan't be messing with them, they are full of electronic bits and bobs, the workings which of I have no knowledge.
Quite a remarkable layout that they came from, shaped like a dog bone with a right angle at the far end of the garden. Twin track all the way round with both twin tracks running parallel along the long straight. Platforms, turntable and some sidings at the end near the house. All on trestles. I don't know what stock he had as it is all going in auction soon and I havn't been able to contact the auctioneers. Will be trying again tomorrow.
There may be some scratch built as I believe he was an engineer. There were some 38 Peco points, all outside, lord knows how he kept them all working. Only about 10 were worth keeping ! I'll post again if I can find out about the locos and stock.
Ed

1 - 4 of 4 Posts