Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (Gary @ 17 Dec 2006, 23:20) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Is the last post acceptable to the owners and moderators of this forum?

As one who rarely comments on the DCC section of this forum, I felt suitably incensed by comments made. As a result of that I feel I have to make some kind of response.

I am currently seriously considering switching to DCC as a control method an as a result have been using this area as a source of information to attempt to make a decision on which of the entry level systems is most suitable for my needs.

Over the past few weeks I have found the comments and advice from the likes of neil_s_wood, dbclass50, and others to be informative and although on occasion technicaly way beyond me, a useful source of information.

The attitude of Gary to the comments and criticisms of his beloved Hornby, are to be frank, absurd in the extreme. I was initially considering purchasing a Hornby start system in order to "test the water", but have now decided, partly as a result of this diatribe against other forum members, to go for the Roco system instead.

I have every respect for Hornby and their products, but if there are problems then they should be criticised and aired in the public domain, if they are not then no manufacturers, be they big or small, will ever be able to produce items that we the public want to buy.

So finally I have to say: Gary, I personally found Neils cooments perfectly acceptable.

Regards

John

· Chief mouser
11,779 Posts
QUOTE (neil_s_wood @ 18 Dec 2006, 21:49) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>You won't regret it John. I started off with a Roco digital system, the Lokmaus 2, and found it easy to use and reliable. The new Multimaus is a very good system and you'll find it easy to use and the instructions fairly easy to get going with. Good choice.

Thank you for your endorsement, now all I'll have to do is get someone to chip my somewhat strange fleet of locos for me!

Regards

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.