Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
as a owner of the gaugemaster system since oct 2005 i have never had any trouble reading decoders or progamming from other manufactures , last night i e mailed gaugemaster about the statements made by a dealer to a member on the forum regarding their system and when i have a reply i will post it on this site.
before xmas i purchased a bachman loco with a decoder fitted no problems , if the hornby system was ok why have they put back the launch of the elite till march i suspect it is because of the problems they have had with the select ,just look at hornby forum ,

·
Registered
18 Posts
had a word with gaugemaster they have had problems with the hornby decoder it also has been a problem when checked with a digitrax system and other makes . mrc have also checked and have tweked the cpu used in the prodigy so it can work with with the hornby decoder .one thing i will not purchase a hornby loco fitted with one of their decoders, just look at the hornby forum, today they appear to have a major problem as the common factor is hornby and untill it is sorted out sales will suffer. one thing i did find out is that the decoders sold under the gaugemaster label are made by digitrax .why should other makers have to change to suit hornby. i have fitted 3 types of decoders to my loco's and prodigy could read them and programme ok

·
Registered
18 Posts
Gary i find it hard to believe that in your opinion hornby dcc has been a great sucess ,just look at hornby forum faults, local dealer will not sell anymore till hornby sort out the problems, they have had the same problems,as on the forums all a dealer wants to do is sell a system which works when unboxed ,yes they have put dcc on the map for all the wrong reasons as i have stated before if hornby select had been my first experence of dcc it would have put me off .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.