Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After visiting my local model shop and talking to one of the owners about various bits and bobs he mentioned that the Prodigy had been withdrawn from sale as they had found an issue between it and the Hornby Decoders (issue not fault). Apparently the Hornby decoder frequency is out of the range of the prodigy and they are having to change a chip in the controllers to expand the frequency range of the dcc signal they use to enable it to work with the hornby chips.

Can anybody also in the trade confirm this as he has tried ordering one for a customer and they have been given a lead time of 2-3 weeks before they will be available again.

Maybe this could explain other issues we have seen with controllers and Hornby chips?

They are very well up on DCC by the way.

Thanks Darren

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was hoping for some confirmation from Dealers on this forum as I know there are some. Maybe they will be able to clarify Gaugemaster's postion if any is required.

Darren

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.