Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Alan D
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, not been on for a while, as usual life gets in the way.

My new dilemma is this, I have a new Guagemaster uds, an older udf, and 2 T1 transformers. Now the T1's have 2 16vac outputs each and both controllers are dual controllers. Can I wire one controller to both outputs of one transformer or do I need a separate transformer for each controller, 4 in total. I have scoured the Internet and checked the Gaugemaster website for answers. The instructions simply say 1 track per winding.

I asked the question at the last Model rail Scotland to the guys on the Gaugemaster stall, to which the reply was "Uh, I don't know!" I want to use common return and cab control, so obviously I'm wary of shorts. If anyone can help me, I'd be eternally grateful, and if I have to buy 2 new transformers so be it. Cheers in advance ðŸ'

·
Administrator
10,019 Posts
Having seem Gaugemaster's warning about not having separate inputs to T1 transformers if commoning the outputs, I am reminded that this involves mains volts and currents with attendant risk of electric shock and fire hazard.

I suggest that you send an email to Gaugemaster's technical support desk asking the same question.

David

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
QUOTE (dwb @ 23 Feb 2021, 17:33) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I suggest that you send an email to Gaugemaster's technical support desk asking the same question.

David

Hi Alan, long time no hear mate.

I concur with David, definitely try Gaugemaster technical department. TBH, I've always found them very helpful and knowledgeable in the past.

Good luck

·
Alan D
1,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey guys, I spoke to a fella at Gaugemaster who assured me it was fine to use both windings on the T1 with one dual controller. So now, I'm building a housing to fit the transformers, controllers and all the switches for points and control to the track. I've taken some snaps to share, I'm now trying out Flickr, but it doesn't seem to be working. When I copy and paste the upload it says it's invalid. Is anyone using Flickr if so can you help?

·
Administrator
10,019 Posts
I have an account on Flickr which I use for photos I post elsewhere.

To get the reference for the photo above - I clicked the icon for 'Share' which is in the bottom right of the page.
Then I picked the BB Code tab and copied the stuff in the box.
I pasted that straight into the post without using any of the short cut icons.
Then I removed all the text before and after the img tags to leave me with this:

CODE

Good luck

David

·
Administrator
10,019 Posts
I don't even try to read the Forum on my phone ....

David

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.