Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking magnificent is the new A5 (GCR 9N) the pacific tank built by Robinson for the heavier London suburban traffic, more were later built by Gresley, the model shown is a GCR version in pre grouping livery and will be magnificent, This will look good with the GCR liveried D11's that I have and for a sum of £149.95
This is produced by new entrant Sonic Models so I'll deffo give them a chance and fork out the money, delivery looks to be after Christmas and it is being advertised by Rails of Sheffield due in 1st Quarter 2022.

So anyone also interested

Gives a flavour of the livery of the GCR A5

·
In depth idiot
7,838 Posts
Always in for a punt when a suitable model of a subject never previously available appears. One fewer subject to attempt a kit build or kit bash in order to have an example on the layout. I'll be after a BR black version, and will probably have to renumber it to 59814 which was definitely on KX shed for a while, unless further evidence of other members of the class in the area turn up.

Very good choice of subject from Sonic: handsome loco, no previous RTR OO model of this or any other GCR tank engine so it fills a gap, and there is a range of attractive liveries. And also it is roomy within, so with a good mechanism design and plentiful weight balanced over the centre of the coupled wheelbase, the new manufacturer has every chance to deliver good performance on track. Nothing like having a winner from your first OO product. (Go on, outdo Bachmann's Fairburn 2-6-4T which is my current reigning champion among large tank loco models.)

·
Premium Member
6,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think an N5 would go well with this, an older MS&L 0-6-2tank these got around a bit, lasted a long time and some were sold to allies of the GCR/MS&L so they had a wider appeal than might be thought likely, also they were a sort of generic loco and the size and type of loco that might serve pretty much anywhere a C14 would make up the group

1 - 3 of 3 Posts