Model Railway Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
All aspects of all hobbies increase in price,as regretably do all aspects of life.If we want better models with all wheel drive and pick up it costs.Better detailing costs as well.Having finally got the folk at Hornby,Bachmann et al to produce superior models are we now going to moan about the price.I am given to understand from reading Hornby press releases that one of the reasons they did not go ahead with a 4car Southern region EMU was the likely retail price of £160-170.This also may well be why the "Pendolino" will be basic and not to Hornby's current diesel standard.If we want it then we'ed better get used to paying for it.Given Hornby's commercial success over the past 3 years ,I can't see them going back.
Bachmann sound equipped models at £150-170 look like a bargain to me!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well i guess that you should be prepared to be buying less products.with your approach quality will inevitably suffer.Yes Hornby is more expensive than Bachmann,some might argue that the quality differences justify this.I honestly
think it's the good old British consumer attitude of I wanit but I ain't prepared to pay for it.Get real guy,nobody is profiteering,youpays your money,or not as the case may be.

·
Registered
48 Posts
maybe the fact that the Heljan 57 is based on the inaccurate 47 also had an effect.
Bachmann pricing is competitive,however as they raise their game pricing will also rise viz Pullmans and Mk2s.
I do agree with Spongebob about the older models,there does seem little justification for this.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts